The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Grand Theft Auto V

JaGuaR

Is it safe to assume we'll see a PC release alongside a next gen release?

Can't wait to experience Rockstar's vision in full 60 FPS and 1080p resolution.

With the similarities between PC and X1/PS4 I think it's safe to assume either all 3 will get it or none will. There will be a lot more multi-plat games this gen because of the x86 architecture. Well most, except Destiny which is a huge blow.

They've already been working on Red Dead so I'm going to assume that Red Dead will be next gen and for PC also.

It seems like most multi-platform next gen games are also on PC so far.

Really? I am ok with this. Never played the 1st but I probably should have lol.

Was really hoping the newest post would be about next gen GTA5 :(

Haha, I wish. I don't think a next-gen upgrade is the cards for GTA. They intentionally committed to release V when they did knowing it would come at the end of a generation. Also, generally, Rockstar takes years to bring their older games to newer platforms. Not to mention, they're already struggling to keep GTA Online running smoothly on two platforms as it is.

"Heists coming this spring".

I'm not believing a god damn thing until I see it. I've been waiting for heists since they said it would come out a month after online did. There was even a point a few months afterward where they had a load screen saying heists were "next month". Never happened either.

I hear you, man, but I honestly think this announcement update is real. I've never seen those "heists" load screens you're referring to, so as far I know, they've not put confirmed anything in writing before regarding heists.

With the similarities between PC and X1/PS4 I think it's safe to assume either all 3 will get it or none will. There will be a lot more multi-plat games this gen because of the x86 architecture. Well most, except Destiny which is a huge blow.

Really? I am ok with this. Never played the 1st but I probably should have lol.

I don't know if he meant to refer to the Red Dead, the first game in the series, or to just use the phrase to refer to the entire series. I've never played the first either, but from what I've heard, it wasn't anything spectacular. RDR on the other hand, is probably the best game of the last generation for me.

One of the most cinematic moments in games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oWKCp102ic

You don't even need to like Western's to like the game.

I never played Red Dead Revolver before and I never play Western games. I played Red Dead Redemption and it was easily one of my favourites of that generation.

I hear you, man, but I honestly think this announcement update is real. I've never seen those "heists" load screens you're referring to, so as far I know, they've not put confirmed anything in writing before regarding heists.

The load screens weren't up for very long. They were only there for a day or maybe less. Some buddies and I seen them one day but they were removed quickly.

• 1 month later...

What is the point of this? Unless they add something huge, I don't understand why I would want to buy it, AGAIN.

I got bored of it real quick, they still have not added heists yet, something they were hyping up before the release of the game, that is pathetic.

What is the point of this? Unless they add something huge, I don't understand why I would want to buy it, AGAIN.

I got bored of it real quick, they still have not added heists yet, something they were hyping up before the release of the game, that is pathetic.

I fully agree. The odd time I wanna play it I'll just boot up 360 instead of forking $70 for something I'd barely use.

I guess you're happy with fewer NPC's(in vehicles, and on foot), fewer FPS, fewer EVERYTHING! Do you also enjoy seeing the same vehicle 10 times in one block?

I guess you're happy with fewer NPC's(in vehicles, and on foot), fewer FPS, fewer EVERYTHING! Do you also enjoy seeing the same vehicle 10 times in one block?

Judging from other open world games on next gen, the framerate will still be 30fps. Unless it's 60fps, nothing will be drastically improved but the graphics.

Archived