The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler could be back as early as Saturday vs Flames

Canucks_fo_life

I'll believe he'll be back when Kesler says he is going to suit up. Anything else is pure conjecture.

He hasn't even been cleared for full contact fropm last I heard. The only reason he is travelling with the team is to start to working on getting his skating and speed of play up to NHL standard.

Look at the Canucks schedule and where Kesler may be able to join the team in practices.

This coming week the Canucks have just 2 games, so plenty of practice opportunities for Kesler to get into. However, the following week they play 4 games in 6 nights with 2 days off, so likely no practices scheduled then.

The following week the Canucks play 3 games in 7 days so will have far more practices. After that, their schedule gets into a nice rhythm of a game once every second day, so practices may be in between the games.

Basically this means Kesler isn't playing before he gets a few good practices in. He'll get a couple next week but that's not enough, I expect him to return within the first or second week of March.

Mmmmmm, what I said at the start of the season was that if Ryan was over embellishing his injury he would come back two weeks into the season as he couldn't come back at the start it would look a little suspicious. Three weeks is in the ballpark, it's something we will never know but makes you go hmmmmmmm. It will be great to have him back!!! Hope we can keep Schroeder in the lineup he's looking great.

What would even give you any suspicion to question Kesler injury , The guy is a heart and soul player who leaves it on the line every game and is there for his team mates .

I think Kesler is one of those guys who could really benefit from a long layoff and finally heal from nagging injurys that may have been plaguing him for longer then any of us fans are aware of

Archived