The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC NDP Opposed to Smart Meters - But Will Do Nothing if Elected

Wetcoaster

I am done in this circus, anyone who wants the TRUTH and NOT lies fed to you by Hydro and Health Canada, check out the Docs I have posted, they hold more than enough TRUTHFUL info to show what really is going on here. I can not believe Russia cares more for their citizens health, than Canada regarding this technology. Nighty night you wolves haha.

When you say " whether it was your intention to lie" Exactly how am I suppose to take it? - Really?

Look - I posted a cbc link - my question came from that link - I am not going to call the TV station and ask them to verify their story. You have issues with them by all means take it up with them. I had never questioned the individual involved as we are all innocent until proven guilty - I agree with anyone in the same position stepping down until cleared - I think they should do it on their own but don't want to further that as an opinion only.

You may not see it but your posts cross over from attacking the idea to attacking the poster. I don't want this to come accross as trying to call you out - rather an attempt at a peace offering. You may not intend to come across one way but ... it did. please accept that as what its intended - to move past this.

When you say " whether it was your intention to lie" Exactly how am I suppose to take it? - Really?

Look - I posted a cbc link - my question came from that link - I am not going to call the TV station and ask them to verify their story. You have issues with them by all means take it up with them. I had never questioned the individual involved as we are all innocent until proven guilty - I agree with anyone in the same position stepping down until cleared - I think they should do it on their own but don't want to further that as an opinion only.

You may not see it but your posts cross over from attacking the idea to attacking the poster. I don't want this to come accross as trying to call you out - rather an attempt at a peace offering. You may not intend to come across one way but ... it did. please accept that as what its intended - to move past this.

Considering the waves have to go through a wall to even get to you, and that's considering if you're actually sleeping right around the thing, I don't see how it's any worse than people that carry a cell phone with them EVERYWHERE all the time and usually have it beside them when they sleep.

Considering the waves have to go through a wall to even get to you, and that's considering if you're actually sleeping right around the thing, I don't see how it's any worse than people that carry a cell phone with them EVERYWHERE all the time and usually have it beside them when they sleep.

My posts do not "cross the line" - I was questioning the accuracy of the information and the inferences you were making - that is what you were posting. As far as your motivation for doing so, as I noted I am unable to say as that would be within your personal knowledge.

It appears that you are yet again seeing things that are not there. Much like how you interpreted the article that you used to come to incorrect conclusions.

You do know they are in opposition not power at this moment correct? In that article above the NDP made it clear they would turn it over to the BC Utilitiese commission to seek answers before commenting. That would be the smart thing to do - to check your facts before commiting to a firm direction. As they are not in power - they are not in a position to know all the costs and barriers that could be faced in letting people opt out - what are the costs etc. The reporter never asked that if it was doable financially without further costs would they let people opt out - that would have been a smart question and that's why it was not asked.

The right wing has to start using logic and reason in there posts and comments - Based on your comments its the BC Liberals your upset at.

Actually no it's not, I have no problem with the smart meters; sure I don't support time of day billing but the old meters had to go. Paying someone to walk around and read meters is very inefficient. Waiting for someone to call you to tell you that their power is out is inefficient. Not calibrating your old meters year after year increases inaccurate readings. It's time for better more efficient technology.

I have a problem with the NDP who always just side on what the public complains at just for popularity; when it comes to making critical decisions for the future of the province they just try to give the people what they want even if its not in the best interest of the province. Mark my word when the NDP win the election most of the middle and low class people in the province will be happy and our struggling economy and increased deficit will be the end result.

Be nice if Wetcoaster EVER posted an anti Conservative party thread.

He made an entire threat criticizing the NDP for their political attack ads, when the Conservatives out spent everyone on them 3-1 in the last federal election.

Biggest lie by the anti-HST folks is that it hurts poor people when nothing can be farther from the truth.

A value added tax is far fairer taxation than income tax because it is something you can control. Spend less and you will be be taxed less. Simple as that.

So....what is wrong with smart meters?

They installed one on my place back in December and I like the stats I can see online for my electrical consumption.

I can even do a "green day" and see the results immediately (next day).

Archived