The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starts vs Wild Tuesday night

AriGold

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the reason might be because we just played the Wild 2 games ago and they are letting LU play because they just saw Cory? Also his (LU’s) record Vs. the Wild at home is rather impressive. No big deal, one or the other gives us a great chance to win.

I want to keep both for the season, give one guy 2, 3 or 4 games in a row then sub in the other and he play’s 2, 3 or 4 and so on (unless this same situation comes up, having played a team 2 games previous) so they are always fresh and focused. The most time they would spend sitting would be no more than a week tops with the compressed schedule.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers!

Gillis has worked with his coaching staff in the past to build up a players trade value...is this the direction they are taking with Luongo?

Either way we have two all-star calibre goaltenders and are probably the only team in the league to boast that...so no complaining from this guy about that

I think you're on to something here. The mantra has been to go with the hot goalie. When Luongo came in and played well, he ended up getting, what?, 4 or 5 straight starts. Then Schneider came back in and allowed only 1 goal in each of the two games he's played since. You'd think that would dictate that he would continue to get the nod and then you have Gillis making a rare appearance at the sidelines to talk to AV, and lastly you have a subsequent report that Luongo will start in net tomorrow.

My God....

I want to stress, this isn't an issue of who is better. Whoever the Canucks put in net, the team is favoured to win over pretty much any opponent. But, for the sake of establishing the direction of the team, why the hell would they put Luongo back in when Schneider, the guy they're clearly going forward into the future with, just nicely won back the crease??

Unbelievable.

man get real. Every game he plays he, is a game to get showcased now? He played 5 games already against some good teams, played well....still not enough showcasing for a top goalie who has been in the league for over 10 years?

Bottom line is, we don't have a starter we got 2 clearly. Does saying he is being showcased is the reason for the start make you feel better?

Luongos numbers vs the wild at home are amazing, why not play him then? This is a team that operates on advanced statistics, is it really surprising they'd look at the stats to help make their final decision?

Calm down people, it's all the media and fan overreaction that's causing this so called "controversy"

I'm fine with it. Both of our goalies have been playing well, and if the coaching staff feels their best option is to split the starts between both our excellent goaltenders, I'll get behind them on that. Both Schneider and Luongo in my mind have proven to the world that they can be consummate professionals about the situation despite the media **** storm trying to dredge up drama on the matter.

As long as we're winning, I'm a happy fan.

<p>

<br />

I highly doubt it&#39;s a showcase game.  I&#39;m pretty sure teams know what Luongo can do.<br />

<br />

My guess is the current plan is to keep both goalies fresh.  Next week there are a bunch of games in not a whole lot of time so it&#39;s probably a good thing.<br />

<br />

Granted the plan can change.  It seems we&#39;ve gone through:<br />

<br />

1)  Cory&#39;s the starter<br />

2)  Oh, crap we need wins so we better play Lu<br />

3)  Okay, we have a cushion.  Let&#39;s give Schneider a few games to get his game back.<br />

4)  Cory has his game back?  Okay, let&#39;s keep both goalies fresh.<br />

Archived