The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starts vs Wild Tuesday night

AriGold

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have no problem with letting Luo play because he is playing well. You really could just use a coin. If the goalie playing hot got the starts then Luo would have played the last two games. The idea of waiting for the starter to have a poor game before switching is just not going to work here. The best bet is a 2-4 game stretch for each and split back to backs. Cory deserves to get his chance at being a starter but he will just have to wait till they make a trade.

And Minnesota play in Calgary tonight. That is even awesomer!

I don't care who we beat and when, I just want to beat them and keep winning. This shortened season is awesome.

Anyone see that Brodeur stumble the other night when he almost klicked the puck in? He seemed to be havig a good laugh about it after. It was definitely funny after.

This way Luongo and Schneider have split the games 50-50. Last season Luongo obviously carried the majority of games, 50-30. Maybe this is just AV's way of easing Schneider into a full-time position, and if so, it's exactly what this team needs. You can't jump from 30 regular season games into a full-time starter without some bumps along the way. AV is smoothing out this transition perfectly and should be applauded for his patience, it will pay off later.

This is ridiculous. AV probably is flipping a coin when he gets home... Play one goalie till he has a bad or sub par game.. Now one of them will come off the bench rusty one game and the rumours will start up even worse on a trade and the Canucks fans turning against said goalie (again)

Both Roberto Luongo and Alain Vigneault came here in '07 and have gone through everything that is the Vancouver Canucks that we see today together. Luongo's bailed out AV thousands of times and allowed his system to work when there wasn't much offense. AV stuck with Luongo in game 7 vs CHI and he came through. Luongo got us to game 7 by shutting the door TWICE in the SCF (yes, he flopped in BOS - but I don't see us winning in BOS even if it was Schneider, as Thomas was beating our offense).

I'm thinking Luongo is AV's guy. Now that Luongo's playing very well, he's gonna ride his guy out til the very end. If it comes down to game 7 in the playoffs again, AV's gonna stick to his guns and go with the guy he's gone to the dance with - even if it means the decision may cost his job. I think AV wants to win a Cup with Luongo in his net, and I hope they can win it together this season too.

It just wouldn't be the same without Luongo.

AV going by the numbers. It's the smart thing to do.

Luongo has been here enough years for us to know what teams he's lights out against and what teams and which buildings he's not.

Schneider was also 2-0 against the Stars last season, while Luongo was 0-2. So expect Schneider to start against the Stars.

Im not praising Luongo as god or at all. Your thinking is stupid. Luongo has played 5 games already this season, proven he still can play at a top level. How many games does he need to be showcased . People thought all his starts this season have been showcase games, he is still here.

Nobody in the Canucks said what their game plan is for goalies. Luongo won in Edm and played well, and Schnieder started next game.

thats so dumb i think... let shneider play ... he was suppose to be the starter and lu was suppose to be traded.... all i can think is that both goalies are being used as trade bait and that only works if both are playing well or 1 of them... not fair to shneider..

For those complaining about AV cutting Schneiders hot streak did we forget the exact same thing happened to Lou when he was winning game after game? The decision is based on who is the better chance to win. Lets get over it we have two elite goaltenders. Utilize what you have!

Archived