The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starts vs Wild Tuesday night

AriGold

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The way I see it is that when Lui was red hot in net, Schneider got the start in Minny because of Luis awful numbers there. And now that we're versing Minny at home and Lui's numbers are spectacular against them at home,(3 game SO streak or something) it's reasonable he gets the start.

Just like another poster mentioned, Schneider definitely isn't the #1 yet.

When you have two hot goalies, it's best to keep them game ready. You don't want to have either of them sitting on the bench for too long. Both of these guys deserve a lot of respect and appear to be getting it from the team. Keep the goalies happy and confident = good for the Vancouver Canucks.

I really don't understand this move either, for a few reasons:

1) Schneider has played well the last couple of games and they should ride him until he has a so-so game

2) Luongo typically hasn't played well against the Wild

3) This would be a perfect opportunity for Schneider to get the games in that his agent wanted, further solidifying that he is our #1 as he was told he was.

I hope AV knows what he's doing, because I just don't see his reasoning here.

Lu usually dominates Minny in Vancouver, Schneids already got two starts in anyways.. It's time for Lu to get another one. I could see Schneids in again versus Dallas and as well for St. Louis. I think Lu should get the Chicago game though, he deserves it after that nice win he had here a couple games ago! Can't wait for tonight, hope we can keep this winning streak going! :P

Lu usually dominates Minny in Vancouver, Schneids already got two starts in anyways.. It's time for Lu to get another one. I could see Schneids in again versus Dallas and as well for St. Louis. I think Lu should get the Chicago game though, he deserves it after that nice win he had here a couple games ago! Can't wait for tonight, hope we can keep this winning streak going! :P

There is a reason Lu is starting at home against the Wild, statistically. I don't mind this call. It's all about the W and 2 points, not a coin toss.

Luongo has been outstanding against the Wild in Vancouver and out of sorts in Minnesota. He blanked the Wild in his last three home-ice starts and has a shutout streak of 195:23. At the Xcel Energy Center, Luongo has been pulled from his last three starts and has a 7.00 goals-against average and .873 saves percentage.

Archived