The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Its time Lappy moved on!

garthsbutcher

Food for thought: it seems all players that play with an "edge" or some degree of toughness come to Vancouver and lose that part of their game in our system. Lapierre was edgy when he came and slowly has lost that. Wiese has been fighting a lot lately, but usually in response to the other team pulling him into it; other than that, not really the hard hitting tough guy he was when he came. Edler has a great hit for that big body in the playoffs but stopping do so as of last year. We let go of toughness (Glass, Torres), like those players or not.

I wonder: is our "system" or "style" under current coaching staff trying too hard to mould players into something they are not (skilled ,finesse-style)? I don't know the answer & have no accurate stats...just something I have noticed over the last couple of years. Are we trying too hard to be a Detroit? If so, that would be a bad choice as we are no Detroit.

Just putting it out there.

i love all these people who keep saying "its one bad game" all these 1 bad games are adding up what was detroit another 1 bad game? what about chicago? another 1 bad game what about losing last 5 of 7 its funny becasue we could lose our 15th game and people will come on here and say its still just one bad game. there is a difference between losing a playing bad you can come out with an A+ effort and lose no one will care it happens but when they come out with no heart or hustle its playing bad and canucks lose by lack of effort and heart more than they do just being outplayed.

it's time AV get people a real role.

Jansen, Higgins, Booth, Raymond are rolling up and down between the 2nd and 3rd line. Kassian is up and down all the way thru the line-up. Lapierre is going from wing to center, from 2nd to 4th.

How the hell are we supposed to be consistent.

Higgins Jansen, Lapierre are energy, defensive players. They should play 12-15 minutes on the third line. Kassian and Schroeder are talented player that should have an offensive role

Im just not seeing what he brings to the table any more. There is zero offensive upside at this point, the hits are soft at best and dont get me started on losing a fight to Vernon Fiddler. Please just go get Konopka who can actually win some draws, fight and has atleast the same limited offensive upside.

They were saying in the game last night that some of the trainers and a few of the players (Booth and Schneider mentioned by name) had been sick. Am I the only one wondering if the team is fighting off a cold/flu? We all know they play through illness until they absolutely can't. If 2 of them were sick enough to sit out (although Schneider was on the bench, him being sick may have played into why Luo wasn't pulled, or why Luo was started in an afternoon game when everyone knows he doesn't do well in them) and some of the staff has been sick as well, I find it hard to believe the rest of the team wouldn't have it too. That would certainly explain the huge lack of energy the last few games.

If that's the case, hopefully this time off will be exactly what they need to heal, get well and get back at playing like we know they can.

Archived