The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Its time Lappy moved on!

garthsbutcher

I think this thread is a joke, First of all Lappy in my opinion is playing well, you cant even compare him to any other fourth liner, u criticize him because he is "not producing offensively"......this is a joke because he has one less point then the 3rd line center and not to mention the fact that if u compare him to a guy who makes literally double his salary he is still out performing them, look at Travis Moen for example. I find it hilarious how when ever this team loses a game Lapierre takes the blame, the guy has done nothing wrong. He has been tremendous in the faceoff circle he has yet to run his mouth which i actually would like to see him start doing........ and so what he does not win all of his fights, he got criticized before he came to Vancouver for not dropping his gloves so why dont u instead of critique him on a loss give him a pat on the back for at least trying. and im going to be completly honest with u he is the one player who the Habs got rid of who i really want back. However he actually stated in the MTL Gazette that he is very happy in Van and would love to stay, and in my opinion u will not get a better bang for the buck for a better third or fourth line centermen then lapierre. Also by the way i expect now that Kesler is out Lapierre will get an increase in ice time, so if i was u i would keep an eye on him because he has played 5 games on the third line this season and has 3 points. I am also more then certain that u will see lapierre in a canucks jersey after this season and for the seasons to come so i would start liking him, and just wait playoffs are coming and Mad Max will be ready!!!!

http://www.straight.com/news/vancouver-canucks-stretch-run-playoffs-fuels-feisty-maxim-lapierre

Lapierre before he was on the canucks

and

Lapierre on the Canucks

I have no problem with Lappiere, he hasnt been good, but he hasnt been bad either. People forget that he's a 4th line center whose job is to create energy and pot in some goals now and then.

And besides, he saves his best games in the playoffs anyways. He is built for playoff hockey. He's one of the few players on the team that actually finishes his hits and throws them hard.

Right now, CDC is slamming: Lapierre, Raymond (again), Kesler, Booth, Garrison, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Weiss, sometimes Kassian, Schneider, sometimes Luongo, AV and the coaching staff and MG.

That leaves Sedins (who some say are too soft), Hansen, Higgins, Tanev and sometimes Ballard.

What about the stick boy?

Right now, CDC is slamming: Lapierre, Raymond (again), Kesler, Booth, Garrison, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Weiss, sometimes Kassian, Schneider, sometimes Luongo, AV and the coaching staff and MG.

That leaves Sedins (who some say are too soft), Hansen, Higgins, Tanev and sometimes Ballard.

What about the stick boy?

The issue here is simple.

Everyone is expecting too much from him. He is a great 4th liner, thats what he is, he can play third line but is best suited for the 4th. The season he had last year was great, but if that is what we are expecting from him this season then the bar is set too high.

He has the capabilities to be a grinding 3rd line center, can play there if needed, but to me on this team he is a very good 4th line player. Thats what we should be expecting, and so far he has been fine in that role.

The guy is consistent. I think he 's given 100% since coming to the Canucks. The guy puts pressure on the puck, gets under other players skin and can skate like the wind. He puts in an honest nights work. Putting the puck in the net is just a plus for him. This is one player that is more important than the stats, especially with Malhotra gone.

Players like Lapierre do not come along every day nor do they always fit in.

Archived