The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to sit out edler or alteast put him as the 6th pairing

yete

I don't care about how good he is offensively (and if he is so great, he should've scored on at least one of his billions shots towards the net last night..), a defenceman plays DEFENCE FIRST.

Look at LA's team last year, did they have any superstar scoring dmen? They had Doughty, sure, but all the rest were simply relied on to play defence first. Again, that isn't to say they couldn't score, but they played great defensively and that's a big reason they won the cup.

I could care less if Edler doesn't get another point this year, just play smart defensively, take the body, and get the puck out. Maybe Tanev should hold a training session, because the coaches certainly aren't doing anything about it.

Points are great, but being on the ice for goals against kinda cancels that out.

Point to his points production until the cows come home, it won't change how poorly he plays in his own end, Baggins.

The points that really matter are the two points teams get for a win.

Points.

That must be a record for the use of the word points in a thread.

I was watching the game off and on and I didn't see Edler do anything bad. He was passing it around and taking his shot opportunities. He was on for both SJS goals but factored in neither of them. What exactly did he do that set off this mob?

49 pts and even last year

33 pts and +13 the year before

42 pts and even

37 pts +11

He's been very consistent the last 4 seasons, is he struglling this year? Yeah quite a lot but don't get stupid about his past play either. He's never been great defensively but more often than not he's been solid to above average at worst until this season.

Also to the guy who said truth he's a $5M player next year that is false first year of the contract he is a $3.25M player next season with a $5M cap hit he's not a $5M+ player until year three when he'll be 29 entering his prime.

The funny thing is even if his play this year isn't good his stats are on par with alot top d man out there, even ones that get paid more than him. This is a tough market to play in. One year we absolutely hold a player on a pedestal, than another year we want throw them in the dumpster

I still think it's funny people made Lidstrom comparisons, his defensive awareness is terrible and he is probably our most inconsistent d-man and our highest paid. Gillis's type of player.

He didn't play well last season and he was absolutely brutal in the playoffs. How much longer till he grows into a #1 defenceman like everyone keeps saying he will?

It's not like he's 21 and doesn't show signs of improving....

In reality he's just an average defender with good size and a hard shot.

49 pts and even last year

33 pts and +13 the year before

42 pts and even

37 pts +11

He's been very consistent the last 4 seasons, is he struglling this year? Yeah quite a lot but don't get stupid about his past play either. He's never been great defensively but more often than not he's been solid to above average at worst until this season.

Also to the guy who said truth he's a $5M player next year that is false first year of the contract he is a $3.25M player next season with a $5M cap hit he's not a $5M+ player until year three when he'll be 29 entering his prime.

I think he is lacking confidence and really needs to simplify his game .. I hoped playing him with Tanev would do that .. AV's way of giving him confidence is to put him in the most pressure packed situations and pray he succeeds .. how is that working AV? .. it may be Bowness who is masterminding this defensive debacle we are witnessing, but AV is ultimately responsible ..

The canucks needed him to elevate his game this season. He was given a sweet contract, loads of ice time, confidence of his coach to be put in every situation possible and he hasnt raised his game and really is making worse decisions than ever.

With Bieksa out he becomes even more important for the team and it hurts on how effin bad hes been this year.

Not much you can do but hope he starts playin better.

Archived