The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Coach would you want?

Dr. Hockey

Has to be Babcock (if he was ever available haha). I mean just looking at his coaching record, he has only missed the playoffs one year (3 including minor hockey), which is just a crazy record. Sure he has had good teams/roster with him but still it takes more than a good roster to get to the playoffs.

The only thing we can really look at in terms of coaching is their record. Not much else to go by, as fans...

PS. I still trust AV, reason this team is in a funk is not just him. Everyone has to step up their game to get out of this little funk.

if Lindy Ruff would come as an assistant that would be great, I just dont see that happening. Tampa bay, Philadelphia and the Rangers may not waste too much time and could get Ruff.

Id be surprised if someone doesnt hire him before the season is done

LA made a coaching change midway throught last year, he changed the culture of that team, they played great hockey and won a cup.

I dont expect that from any coach we would hire.

As for why Lindy Ruff is the hot commodity, the fact he has held a head coaching job for so many years with the same team shows what kind of coach he is to me anyways. Losing his scoring offense to free agency he adapted. I think he could be a good coach for us, and he is the #1 coach available on the market so why wouldnt we consider him if we chose to fire AV??

Archived