The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Toronto Blue Jays '13 Season Thread

Gross-Misconduct

Because a lot of the run is due to starting pitching, not just the line-up.

Also, April had a lot to do with new players getting comfortable. Now they are.

Putting Reyes and Lawrie on the field should help the team if the pitching holds up. Right now that bullpen is unstoppable.

yep, pitching has absolutely been superb as of late

Armchair GMs! Is anyone here being tempted NOT to play Reyes? Everything is clicking... especially the pitchers, but also the offense. Remarkably, it's our utility man Izturis getting a lot of RBIs lately.

yep, i wouldn't wanna mess around with the lineup too much considering they're playing so great. when's the all-star game?

Armchair GMs! Is anyone here being tempted NOT to play Reyes? Everything is clicking... especially the pitchers, but also the offense. Remarkably, it's our utility man Izturis getting a lot of RBIs lately.

God, no.

Reyes is the best leadoff hitter the Jays have ever had. And he's a shortstop.

Would you be tempted to not bring Alomar back under the same circumstances?

This is the answer. We can't afford to have Izturis, Kawasaki and DeRosa as our main guys. Even if Kawasaki has been the antidote to our team's woes. It's tough, because Izturis and Kawasaki have played a big part in this surge. Izturis is hitting when it counts and Kawasaki has been a key defensive player, who won't be needed anymore when super-Reyes returns.

We are doing so much better with an incomplete lineup. What else can we do? Does a struggling Lawrie have to go?

As much as love watching Kawasaki play, he not that great defensively. He has already committed 5 throwing errors since joining the team and his arm isn't as accurate as Reyes or even Izturis. However, I do think he'll stay on the team once Reyes is back, as an insurance backup. Don't really know who will be the odd man out? McGowen will probably be sent back to the minors, once Reyes is back. But once Lawrie and Morrow gets back, AA will have a tough decision to make. One of Rogers or Wang will be left out (one back to the bullpen) and one of Bonifacio, DeRosa, Kawasaki, or Davis will need to be sent down.

As much as love watching Kawasaki play, he not that great defensively. He has already committed 5 throwing errors since joining the team and his arm isn't as accurate as Reyes or even Izturis. However, I do think he'll stay on the team once Reyes is back, as an insurance backup. Don't really know who will be the odd man out? McGowen will probably be sent back to the minors, once Reyes is back. But once Lawrie and Morrow gets back, AA will have a tough decision to make. One of Rogers or Wang will be left out (one back to the bullpen) and one of Bonifacio, DeRosa, Kawasaki, or Davis will need to be sent down.

The only reason Bonifacio gets to play full-time is because we do not have a real 2B replacement. I don't think Izturis counts.

God, no.

Reyes is the best leadoff hitter the Jays have ever had. And he's a shortstop.

Would you be tempted to not bring Alomar back under the same circumstances?

I guess it's easier to lose in baseball, so the team can slowly phase in Reyes when he feels 100%. Trying to look at this positively.

Of course, they could tinker with the bullpen and send one of Wagner or Perez down and still keep all their bench players.

But I doubt, AA tinkers his bullpen.

I say Wang. He'll probably be used as trade bait. He was there to save our pitching woes and he did just that. Buy low, sell high policy?

Not excited at the prospect of moving down one of Bonifacio, DeRosa, Kawasaki, or Davis All have been great parts of the Jays turn around. I do believe you put Reyes back in, he's a strong offensive player, and will help the Jays. Dont really want to see Lawrie replace any of those four guys in the order.

Anyway, i would send down someone from the bullpen, but theyve been great as well. But the main bullpen guys can hold the ship together. How awesome has Cecil been? Janssen is great as a closer, but i think that Cecil would have that role if it wasnt for Janssen or will have that role in the future. Loup's been great as well, and a real surprise considering he was virtually an unknown player before this year.

Definitely have to get Reyes back in the lineup. Lawrie, when he comes back, less so. Lawrie wasn't exactly ripping it up before he got injured (although was more than solid in the field). Lawrie is still young and a little bit more time in AAA wouldn't be horrible. I'd hold off on the decision until we see how Lawrie does during his rehab stint. If Lawrie is coming up then I'd have to believe Kawasaki will be going back down.

Lawrie should draw back in. Even after his poor start his core numbers are still better than Izturis, Bonafacio or Kawasaki. His D at third is also the best of the bunch.

I think that Perez is the likely guy to go down. They don't need 4 lefties out of the pen.

Lawrie should draw back in. Even after his poor start his core numbers are still better than Izturis, Bonafacio or Kawasaki. His D at third is also the best of the bunch.

I think that Perez is the likely guy to go down. They don't need 4 lefties out of the pen.

I suppose you're right. The Jays play right now at least means that Lawrie doesn't have to rush back.

Heh, 4 lefties in the pen. Some teams only have 1. Talk about an embarrasement of riches.

When Morrow comes back it'll be interesting to see who leaves the rotation. At this point, despite his last 2 starts, I'd probably put Rogers back in the pen. Wang is just a little bit more proven and you can always bring Rogers back if Wang hits the hall.

Anyways, all good problems to have. That's what winning does I guess.

These are all good problems to have, tons of depth at alot of positions when healthy.

Cant Complain, but these next ten games against all AL East opponents will be huge for the Jays

Hopefully they continue on this roll

What an exciting finish. Kawasaki with his first career homer at a clutch time, and Davis with the winning hit. Izturis with a couple big hits too, just further showing how important the bottom of the order and the bench have been in this streak. Dickey with another subpar start, but the bullpen keeps them in it.

9 straight!

4.5 games back of a Wild Card spot now. A loss doesn't hurt them, but another losing streak might. Hopefully they can continue this streak, but when it does come to an end, they should be able to start another winning streak and get back up the standings.

Archived