The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian sent down to the wolves

Gally

As my dear departed Grannie used to say ".. the man has worn out his welcome.." .. time for AV to go .. Brent Sutter and Jim Playfair in .. one year for Gillis to get them what they need or he is gone too .. let's catch up here, folks .. Happy Easter ..

I pay attention,,,and the reasons I see are pretty weak...so enlighten me and say how Kassian wasnt scoring once removed from the 1st line...but I guess Bill Sweat is the answer seeing as the Canucks are in a playoff race and dont have the luxury of waiting for players to play into shape..the party line is getting pretty thin to believe anymore...but you pay attention so I guess you know all that.

I'm surprised that people continue to consider AV a detriment to our "young talent" ... first of all, by and large, this phrase is an oxy-moron in our organization. It's not like AV is getting first-overall picks and ruining them. In fact, he seems to get pretty good mileage from what we have (Tanev, Schroeder, Schneider, Hodgson previously guys like Burr, Kess, Hansen). I'm not sure what legitimate "young talent" AV has been squandering in his time.

Consider the fact that by limiting, benching and demoting some of our "young talent" AV is actually protecting them. History has shown, in multiple sports, that simply throwing a rookie into the fire to sink or swim is not necessarily the best way to develop them. Yes, they get experience but they also are allowed to develop bad habits and tendencies while facing potentially unrealistic (again, unrealistic) expectations from the fanbase.

the sedins sucked when kassian was on their line ... their O zone play time was way down kassian didnt help out in the cycle at all or help out in setting up the sedins like burrows does .. i guess people dont remember when kassian knocked in his 5 tap in goals that people were wondering what was wrong with the sedins and why they were not getting many chances... it was becasue kassian would just glide to the front of the net and sit there waiting for a tap in and not leave the front of the net until the puck cleared the zone... if kassian is such a beast and so skilled he shouldve had no problem putting the puck in the net playing with higgins and booth but he couldnt .. its funny sedins kesler burrows hansen..all had to take their lumps playing 3rd line 4th line minutes and killing penalties and worked their way into top roles... if kassian cant do that then why should we just hand him first line minutes? everyone looks good with the sedins only good players look good without them ....and kassian looks like hes not even NHL ready when hes not playing with the sedins... ...hodgson had no problem hittin the stats sheet playing 3rd line minutes with hansen and higgins... so whats kassians problem? maybe he will figure it out back in the AHL

I'm surprised that people continue to consider AV a detriment to our "young talent" ... first of all, by and large, this phrase is an oxy-moron in our organization. It's not like AV is getting first-overall picks and ruining them. In fact, he seems to get pretty good mileage from what we have (Tanev, Schroeder, Schneider, Hodgson previously guys like Burr, Kess, Hansen). I'm not sure what legitimate "young talent" AV has been squandering in his time.

Consider the fact that by limiting, benching and demoting some of our "young talent" AV is actually protecting them. History has shown, in multiple sports, that simply throwing a rookie into the fire to sink or swim is not necessarily the best way to develop them. Yes, they get experience but they also are allowed to develop bad habits and tendencies while facing potentially unrealistic (again, unrealistic) expectations from the fanbase.

Read your own post again....

Now go ahead and tell what there is in there to indicate it's sarcasm. What's going on inside your head does not show up on a message board, only what you actually write. Which means if you are being sarcastic you need to include something that actually indicates you are being sarcastic as opposed to looking like one of the multitude of idiots posting those very same sentiments.

/sarcasm lesson

Guess he needs to learn how to take constructive criticism.

You guys all forget how, Kesler, Burrows, Juice, Cory, Hansen, MayRay where all developed.

you don't think Hodgson or Grabner are better players cause of the development here?

We make good players

We are currently making a good player.

I'm a Zach supporter and I believe in 2 to 3 years he'll have proven to be a more valuable piece than Hodgson (whom I liked a lot) but I like the stint in the AHL. It'll be good for him. I've found in years of

coaching that the bigger the young guys are the longer it takes for them to "grow into themselves" BTW

has everyone noticed the struggles with Lucic this year? Maybe he needs a trip to the AHL?

I said this on the other thread and its truly how I feel

AV is actually doing the opposite of what you all think

He is trying to regain his confidence, he does this all the time

I remember how mad I would get when he sent Hansen down all the time and look at him now.

Hansen knows he has to earn his spot and work hard to keep it.

Archived