The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ryane Clowe to NYR

You and your negativity.

Thats some good research he did in that post, and i appreciate being able to read it.

Corsi is a great measure of a players effectiveness without seeing him play... If u watched any games you could BLATANTLY see that leading up to his most recent injury, Booth was one of our best players.

It was just a matter of time before they started going in.. He is a great linemate with Kassian too. Would also work with the twins, very versatile IMO.

I disagree. He's currently a 4 million cap hit, his production has been steady - I don't see a case for commanding 5 or 6 million - and the cap is dropping 6 million, which will likely result in more sensible market values, not crazy-ass FA signings like last year.

There will be a lot of contracts on the market for giveaway prices. People have speculated about what Roy wants - I'd like to hear a source who is actually qualified to speak for him.

Clowe: 424gp - 103g/171a/274pts .65 career ptspg

Booth: 377gp - 104g/95a/199pts .53 career ptspg

Clowe Playoffs: 68gp - 18g/27a/45pts

Booth Playoffs: 5gp - 0g/1a/1pt

Booth was playing top line minutes in Florida.

Clowe is a proven playoff performer and offensive producer. He is a true PWF. Hits tell half the story. He stands up for his team-mates, he fights, hes a leader.

Booth plays for Vancouver now, a team comparable to San Jose offensively. What has he done?

68gp: 17g/15a/32pts

38 point pace.

Booth is a speedy winger with size. (or bulk? muscle? 6'0 212)

Clowe is an oldschool powerforward. (6'2 225)

Ask anyone not a Canucks fan, and they take Clowe AINEC.

Booth last year for the Canucks.16 goals, 13 assists, 56 games, 46 point pace.

Clowe last year, 17, 28, 45 points

Both having dismal, injury riddled seasons this year.

I don't ask fans who they would take - I don't find fans opinions the best indicator of a player's value. I think for myself.

David Booth hasn't got more than 40 pts in a season since his concussion. Ryane Clowe's worst season since 2008 is getting 45 points. Clowe is bigger, stronger, more willing to drop the gloves and stick up for his team, less injury prone and better offensively in terms of point-per-game as opposed to Booth. The similarities aren't even close.

Lol. He signed his extension in 2007 for 6 years at 4m. A overall steal for Buffalo. Look what he has accomplished in those 6 years.

81 pts in 78gp

70 pts in 82gp

69 pts in 80gp

35 pts in 35gp

44 pts in 70gp

22 pts in 30gp

321 pts in 375 games.

A .86 ptspg centerman.

Thats a 70 point centerman.

Lets say hes declined a bit. He's 29, turning 30.

60 point centerman.

In what universe would he not command 5m +?

Even with the cap down, Getzlaf and Perry sign for 8.6m.

Roy will be coveted by many teams if he hits FA.

Anaheim, Calgary, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Islanders, New Jersey, Florida, Ottawa, Minnesota, Toronto, Phoenix, Winnipeg could all use centers.

He was a 60 point center as a sophomore.

In this universe a 73,75 point Selke makes 5 million.

The cap is dropping, and the guy may decide he wants to stick around.... Who knows?

If he goes to the outside universe, yes, he will probably find a taker quite easily. I'm guessing Feaster would offer him 6 million - if he wants to play in Calgary The good teams in the NHL however will have a hard time making the cap, let alone going out and buying 6 million dollar centers. We'll see. I can't speak for Roy - which was my point - people don't really know what he wants or expects.

David Booth hasn't got more than 40 pts in a season since his concussion. Ryane Clowe's worst season since 2008 is getting 45 points. Clowe is bigger, stronger, more willing to drop the gloves and stick up for his team, less injury prone and better offensively in terms of point-per-game as opposed to Booth. The similarities aren't even close.

Booth last year for the Canucks.16 goals, 13 assists, 56 games, 46 point pace.

Clowe last year, 17, 28, 45 points

Both having dismal, injury riddled seasons this year.

I don't ask fans who they would take - I don't find fans opinions the best indicator of a player's value. I think for myself.

Pace, pace, pace.

Kadri is on pace for 89 pts.

Lets say Booth and Clowe bring the same offense. What Clowe also offers is much superior too Booth.

Bigger body (6'2 225 vs 6'0 212)

Stands up for teammates (Would stick up for the Sedins, can actually fight)

Mean streak (Do people fear David Booth when hes on the ice?)

Playoff performer / experience (Booth has 5 games exp. Clowe nearly has a seasons worth of playoff exp + great numbers)

Leader (Wore the A in San Jose. Lots of reports indicate he was a leader in the lockeroom)

Better offensive totals (which means he would transition nicely into Vancouver)

Canadian (for the lulz)

Archived