The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ryane Clowe to NYR

That about puts him on par with Clowe's last 30 games.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=30&s=29&f1=2012_s&f2=5v5&f5=VAN&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67#

4th on the Canucks +15.9 relative corsi.

Unlike the guys above him, only 45.9% offensive zone starts, impressive 54.2% finishes.

I'm not a big Booth fan, but fair is fair - the reality is that he has very good underlying numbers, probably the best on the team, and he was playing with Lapierre, who's a shutdown center and not going to boost Booth's scoring stats.

Last year he was also injured, and playing with the hobbled Kesler, while the two of them were getting used in a tweener role so that Hodgson could be sheltered on the third line.

There's a reason AV was saying that Booth was playing some very good hockey but simply not enjoying much puck luck. The same can be said for Kassian playing on the 2nd line (and struggling with back problems). They're both arguably as good as Clowe, and in Kassian's case there's no way I trade him 1 for 1 for Clowe. Booth and Clowe are close imo.

I'm with oldnews on this one. I usually hate when MG does his usual..."we're getting players back from injury which is sort of like acquiring pieces"... But this year that argument is kind of valid.

Booth got a bad rep this year. So what if his shots weren't going in? They weren't the best of shots but he was getting a lot on net and taking the puck hard to the net. Something not many people on this perimeter team do. He hits hard. He was on pace for nearly 25 goals last year.

Posters on CDC are far too concerned with our regular season stats. Watch people play before critiquing them. Garrison gets ragged on a lot but I know that slap shot will be huge in the playoffs. Maybe being worst in the league for PP is just what we need going into playoffs

If we get Booth and Kes healthy and playing well for playoffs that will be a mega boost to our PP and team. Guys like kassian, Higgins, Raymond, hansen are all that top 7 forward Gilman was talking about. We have toughness as well. Lappy is a playoff performer.

I just hope Newell brown figures our pp out in time.

so much for the no goals argument.. all the clowe haters (who magically appeared when we lost out on him) should have known better than to talk out against a consistant producer like clowe. but its CDC after all this crap shouldn't surprise me anymore.

I don't understand why people think Roy is just a rental. When Luongo is GONE as he will GO. We now have cap space than we'll trade booth for scraps or buy him out. Bang there's more cap space. We aren't re-signing Malhotra, Bang there's another 2.5 mil off the books, and who knows what happens with Ballard. If Ballard is traded we can then let Corrado take the next step and than there's 3.5 mil of the books. We than have tons of cap space and flexibility. We can than sign Roy to a reasonable contract. Maybe 4.25 mil over 3 years? We can than also sign a respectable 3rd line center for under 2 mil. Our top 6 than could consist of Sedin's, Burrows, Kesler, Roy and Higgens/Raymond.

I don't understand why people think Roy is just a rental. When Luongo is GONE as he will GO. We now have cap space than we'll trade booth for scraps or buy him out. Bang there's more cap space. We aren't re-signing Malhotra, Bang there's another 2.5 mil off the books, and who knows what happens with Ballard. If Ballard is traded we can then let Corrado take the next step and than there's 3.5 mil of the books. We than have tons of cap space and flexibility. We can than sign Roy to a reasonable contract. Maybe 4.25 mil over 3 years? We can than also sign a respectable 3rd line center for under 2 mil. Our top 6 than could consist of Sedin's, Burrows, Kesler, Roy and Higgens/Raymond.

As a UFA rental, for a player who has had shoulder problems this year, has not been producing, and coming to a team that will need to trim 6 million in cap space?

If he's producing...?

He's a loss of assets for a guy we probably can't afford to re-sign.

Too much rental potential there. I think Roy was more essential.

I'm not that disappointed that the Canucks lost out.

so much for the no goals argument.. all the clowe haters (who magically appeared when we lost out on him) should have known better than to talk out against a consistant producer like clowe. but its CDC after all this crap shouldn't surprise me anymore.

Roy will ask for atleast 5m, and thats a hometown discount of some sort. He can get 5.5/6 in the open market. Assuming he signs for 5m.

With him signed at 5m, its still tight. Not much wiggle room. That is if you give up Luo, Ballard and Booth for NO SALARY back.

Try looking at it in an objective way as opposed to your evident shoot from the hip perspective.

And try acquiring a player of equal value, who is, on the other hand, under-rated, for a pair of expiring contracts.

Booth 104 goals, 377 games, mostly for the offensively challenged Panthers.

Clowe 103 goals, 424 games playing in SJ's top six, pretty much speaks for itself.

Booth has better underlying numbers

Booth +15.9 with 45.9% ozone starts.

Clowe +7.4 with 50.8% ozone starts.

Both guys throw a similar amount of hits.

Booth 284 hits in his last 170 games

Clowe 331 hits in his last 179 games.

Booth 4.2

Clowe 3.6

In a whole lot of ways, Booth measures up - including his perceived cap value, which was doled out by the stingy, budget-conscious Florida Panthers.

Roy will ask for atleast 5m, and thats a hometown discount of some sort. He can get 5.5/6 in the open market. Assuming he signs for 5m.

With him signed at 5m, its still tight. Not much wiggle room. That is if you give up Luo, Ballard and Booth for NO SALARY back.

Try looking at it in an objective way as opposed to your evident shoot from the hip perspective.

And try acquiring a player of equal value, who is, on the other hand, under-rated, for a pair of expiring contracts.

Clowe 103 goals, 424 games playing in SJ's top six, pretty much speaks for itself.

Booth 4.2

Clowe 3.6

In a whole lot of ways, Booth measures up - including his perceived cap value, which was doled out by the stingy, budget-conscious Florida Panthers.

Booth 4.2

Clowe 3.6

Archived