The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Far Will The Canucks Go (Post-Trade Deadline)?

westvandude

How far will the Canucks go in 2013 Playoffs?  

340 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we have a full line-up, Stanley Cup finals or bust. We should be able to get at least past the Western Conference finals, even if it's against Chicago. We play our best games against the Blackhawks.

We have still not addressed the weaknesses of this team from last year - except for replacing Salo with Garrison. We still are weak in the middle unless the real Kesler can show up after recovering from his latest injury. We still don't have effective muscle. And we still don't have a legit power forward - something Booth absolutely is not.

At least we have settled on the right number one goalie - which might be enough to get us through the first round. I don't see us getting much further against another physical team - like LA was last year.

We have still not addressed the weaknesses of this team from last year - except for replacing Salo with Garrison. We still are weak in the middle unless the real Kesler can show up after recovering from his latest injury. We still don't have effective muscle. And we still don't have a legit power forward - something Booth absolutely is not.

At least we have settled on the right number one goalie - which might be enough to get us through the first round. I don't see us getting much further against another physical team - like LA was last year.

Honestly, the Kings winning the cup last year gives me a lot of hope and optimism. They're proof that you don't have to be outstanding or even all that good in the regular season to shine in the playoffs. The playoffs are a whole other world. Our team's had struggles this season, but I'm liking the improvements I've seen lately- much tighter defensively and generating better scoring chances. Realistically, I don't think they'll advance too far in the playoffs, but I'm very hopeful that they'll do well and who knows, win the cup. We have a lot of talent on our team, it's a matter of everything coming together...

The key is how Kesler returns and how hot our goaltending can get. I think if Kassian can be a Torres like player (tough, big hitter with some timely goals) and Roy is far stronger than Lappy offensively as the third line C (remember Manny played just five pointless games in the playoffs during the cup run). So I don't see too much of a dropoff from what we were during the run.

The only exception as many of you have pointed out is the D core but even there with the improvement of Tanev and the gradual reliability of Garrison as this year has progressed I don't think we've lost too much there that can't be compensated if Cory (assumed starter) can show that he has the poise and talent to be an elite goalie (like he has for the most part this year)

Remember last year LA won the cup as the 8th seed where next to no one honestly thought they could win until after they dismantled us in the first round so as cliche as this statement is anything is possible and I for one think we can go deep provided Kesler comes back strong

If all the lads are healthy, play hungry (and at or near potential) come playoff time, and the lines click, this crew is most definitely capable of winning the drink. There's loads of talent on this team and some tougher players now as well, it's just a question of how they perform.

Even if they had brought in some super-exciting big pieces at the deadline, chemistry and performance would still be the deciding factors. For example look at Raymond- last year at this time he looked like a weak link, this season his performance makes him a great asset.

Personally, I just have my fingers crossed that we have a healthy group, hopefully with a couple games before the post-season to shake off the cobwebs.

The teams are gonna be tough though... Look how we've faired against San Jose and Detroit this year, St Louis game us a run for our money and there's still powerhouse teams like Anaheim and Chicago. Not to say we haven't had our share of victories over them, but we're gonna have a very hard time. Don't forget LA and Minnesota, gonna be some very good matches this year! ::D

People forget that the Canucks played 90% of this season with an AHL line up. LOL and they are still tops of their division. Once Kesler gets back (not my fav player on the team) Ebbett is sent back down, now they a team thats healthy. They will surprise more teams than you think.

in my eyes, on paper, this team is close to being AS GOOD as our 2011 group. if they can figure out the PP, start scoring goals on a consistent basis like they're capable of, they have the talent to make the conference finals... and who knows what happens from there.

anything can happen, got to get the ball rolling this month, be firing on all cylinders come May.

Archived