The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Far Will The Canucks Go (Post-Trade Deadline)?

westvandude

How far will the Canucks go in 2013 Playoffs?  

340 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

fair points but look at what that team in 2011 did in the regular season, led in almost every stat. now look at this team, not even comparable.

I don't see this current lineup all of a sudden becoming that much better in the playoffs and playing similarly to our 2011 lineup

we will go far in the playoffs as long as we put the kinda effort like we did against the oilers last night. I really liked the effort and the push back that was missing in the season..... now if we can produce that every time i know its hard.. we would be a team to be reckon with... go canucks go....

I know we have polls like this, but I'm curious after all these negativity from people post the trade deadline, how their realistic expectations have changed since the beginning of the season.

In addition, you could post what round you think they'll exit and you can come back in June and say I told you so.

Well, we could win the Cup.

If Schneider is hot, Kesler is healthy, Edler takes his head out of his ass and the Sedins/Roy produce consistent offence.

The awesome thing about the Stanley Cup Playoffs is everyone has a shot. And for this team, it seems like the hardest part is getting out of the 1st round so if we do that, who knows how far we'll go.

Depends on luck and who we face.. Also how good our players come back after injury. If they come back raring to go and ready to play then we could potentially make it far, I don't think we would win the cup but I can definitely see the potential. If we end up facing a stronger opponent and manage to win then that also factors in... I could see us pushing our way into the Conference Final, but getting eliminated. (By Chicago or Anaheim in all likelihood) I don't see us getting to the SCF with this roster, but it would be F'ing crazy if it did happen though. :shock:

Depends on the 3 biggest factors:

1) Injuries

2) Opponent

3) Officiating

They'll get Booth back in time for beg of 2nd round, so that's good. Just hoping Bieksa gets rested before playoffs start cause he's clearly still injured.

As long as they don't face LA (best puck possession team in league) they can beat any other team in West. Chicago would be tough to face only cause they always get the officiating. Always.

Most the playoff officials don't like the Canucks. At all. Nucks haven't played a series in more than 2 yrs with more PP time than opponent. Given they've been the best and/or top 4 puck possession team in league last few yrs - it's frackin' retarded and unreal. I can only hope they promote different officials than the usual idiot suspects (O'Hallaran, O'Rourke, Sutherland etc).

They're a better even strength team than they've probably ever been. That's probably the best thing that can happen for team who won't get a lot of PP's in the playoffs.

They get most of the above, I think they can go a long long way - if you know what i mean ;)

I expected the Canucks to get at least to the second round before the trade, and my expectations have not changed. Past that it's in the hands of fate, but I've been saying all along that the shortened-season, asterisk-having situation makes it more likely fate grants the Canucks a Cup this season, since everyone will still be able to call BS on us.

Teams from the West we probably can't beat: LA, Chicago, Anaheim. If we have to face these guys in the first or second round, it's gonna be an early exit .

Well the Canucks have shown that they can beat any team, they are one of the top teams in the League. They added a legitimate top six forward with versatility and a very good skill set.

The team does not have the grit I am sure most would prefer to see on the team, but they have the skill and are good enough to go on a run with their overall depth.

I cannot see into the future lol, but I say Vancouver has a very good shot at the Stanley Cup. They have strong goaltending, tremendous skill and if they get hot at the right time then legitimately they will contend for the Cup.

My friend and I were talking about stanley cup champions a few days ago (he's a sens fan) and we both concluded that the teams that go on to win the cup get hot after the trade deadline.

La struggled last year and tore it up after the trade deadline, boston also. The Canucks havn't played to their potential for most of the year (Game against LA and recent Oilers have we seen the full potential) so there is hope they can get hot at the right time.

Archived