The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

was watching a soccer game....

Ray Canuck

It's hilarious to see the comments about soccer/futbol from a continent that thrives on Baseball, Basketball, MMA, and to some extent Football. I love the NFL because of the way they do it but the sport itself is pretty weak.

Someone doesn't understand something so criticize the hell out of it. I'm hoping this idiocy will be burnt out of our culture in the next couple decades.

This post is accurate in the sense that some people do not give a sport a fair chance and just echo what other say. In that regard, then yes, idiocy may be the fair ruling.

On the other hand, one's opinion regarding a sport regardless the popularity should not count as a fallacy.

I'm a practitioner and teacher of jiu jitsu yet my wife cant stand to watch me for more than 3 minutes. Her opinion is that jiu jitsu, unlike some other martial arts is boring. But she loves Football (which i can easily fall asleep to) and has a Superbowl party every year. We still love each other.....who'da thunk??

The point is that people claim soccer is boring, and then go so far as to not respond to the OP because it included soccer, or just straight up disagree with him because it involved soccer.

If you started acting like a di** to your wife for liking Football, then you wouldn't love each other. The problem is that people think it's fine to make fun of soccer (and go ahead nobody really cares), but they don't stop there, they go overboard and just start criticizing people or ideas that involve soccer.

In my opinion soccer & football are boring. And i've both played and watched both (played football for St. Thomas More and Soccer as an after school activity waaaaaay back) Fun to play, not so much to watch.

edit: I missed part of what you were saying, in that some do not respond to the OP- as I have carelessly done as well. So, my opinion on the idea of crowd involvement as is done in soccer? I think the fans would have to stop looking at their smartphones for a little bit or we'd have very few in the crowd yelling at the appropriate time. However, if crowd participation was increased by implementing this- i'd be all for it!

to much anger just because some people like soccer/football.

let them enjoy what they want :)

at least the football is really played using the "foot". I can´t understand why people in USA call their "football" if it´s barely played with the "foot". it should be called "American Rugby"....

don't see whats wrong with soccer.. have you guys even watch some of the games?? you guys complain about how boring soccer is.. well something happens in hockey too.. when you have say nashville plays the old trap style minnesota.. what's the difference?? one you snooze for 60mins and the other u snooze for 90mins??

Archived