The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official NHL 14 Thread

Please Call 911

My team is like this Kadri-kesler-grabner all hut live. Hall-duchene-gaborik. Skinner-stastny SOTW-voracek. Raymond-cogliano-stallberg. Garrison-fowler both SOTW. Carlson-J. Johnson. Bogosian-bouwmeester. Mason SOTW and bishop in net. I got 125k I am thinking to upgrade goalies or defence. Which player/players should I get. Sorry about the writing, I hate typing on this phone.

He's pretty weak at FO, but thats why i have Kes,Pavelski and Kelly.

He barely won any when I first had him, which is surprising considering his size that one would think would give him an advantage. I bought again and he's been decent so far on the wing.

Side question: Who would be a better choice to center my 4th line? Seguin or Helm?

I have 19.8K pucks, just bought a HL Pavelski for 18,550 and trying to sell him for a 12K profit. Picked up Henrik for 35K and just need a top line winger and a second line center.

He barely won any when I first had him, which is surprising considering his size that one would think would give him an advantage. I bought again and he's been decent so far on the wing.

Side question: Who would be a better choice to center my 4th line? Seguin or Helm?

I have 19.8K pucks, just bought a HL Pavelski for 18,550 and trying to sell him for a 12K profit. Picked up Henrik for 35K and just need a top line winger and a second line center.

. Helm is really fast and good on FO. Seguin has better passing and shooting though. I'd go with helm

. Helm is really fast and good on FO. Seguin has better passing and shooting though. I'd go with helm

Yah Seguin's more suited for the wing, and Helm is way cheaper you can easily get him for 600 pucks.

Is it just or does Patrick Kane get injured every time he gets hit online and offline.

And do Bo Horvat and Hunter Shinkaruk develop into players with good overalls in GM mode or should I just trade them?

Horvat becomes a 2nd/3rd line centre. Shinkaruk becomes a 1st/2nd line winger. Shink hits around 87 overall, at least from what I've seen.

They both take awhile to develop though, probably until they hit like 23-25 years old to come into form. If you're not going to play BeAGM for that many years then you might as well trade them.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Is it just or does Patrick Kane get injured every time he gets hit online and offline.

I play BAP and I literally beat the tar out of him every time I play against Chicago and I don't think I've injured him once.

And do Bo Horvat and Hunter Shinkaruk develop into players with good overalls in GM mode or should I just trade them?

IMO trade Horvat, keep Shinkaruk. Shinkaruk almost always gets to 87+ for me and Horvat usually peaks at 85. Difference is Horvat's offensive stats are less than stellar and, for me, usually only pots 35-40 points on the second line with PP time. Shinkaruk on the other hand is a 70 point second line beast.

Guest Gumballthechewy

IMO trade Horvat, keep Shinkaruk. Shinkaruk almost always gets to 87+ for me and Horvat usually peaks at 85. Difference is Horvat's offensive stats are less than stellar and, for me, usually only pots 35-40 points on the second line with PP time. Shinkaruk on the other hand is a 70 point second line beast.

I traded Shinkaruk, Tanev and two 1st's for Ovechkin.

My team is set: (for now)

D. Sedin (A) - H. Sedin - Neal

Kopitar - Kesler - Carter

Voracek - Backstrom - HL Okposo

Seguin - Helm - Semin

Kronwall (A) - Subban ©

J. Johnson - Myers

Hedman - Voynov (Sochi)

Fleury

Bobrovsky

Cullen was garbage. Sold him and picked up Kesler again.

With all the HUT posts, I feel obligated to post my current:

Steen - Roy[C] - Stewart

Landeskog - Stastny - Duchene[RW][A]

Michalek - Berglund - Tarasenko

Elias - Zajac - Okposo

Seidenberg[A] - Streit

Edler[TB] - Carle

Meszaros[MTL] - Gorges

Bobrovsky

Pavelec

Just bought Bobrovsky for 3k with like 1 minute left. I searched the others and they were all like 6k+. Ha.

Apparently everyone has Bobrovsky but me lol

I seen that he's pretty common. He has made a ton of great saves for me so far on my team.

Pavelec was no worse, but I just wanted Lindback out of the lineup. Not that Lindback was bad, as he's actually a stud for his overall. But sometimes Lindback would go down on his belly for the most common one-timers.

Pavelec and Bobrovsky seem like the most common goalies I see.

I seen that he's pretty common. He has made a ton of great saves for me so far on my team.

Pavelec was no worse, but I just wanted Lindback out of the lineup. Not that Lindback was bad, as he's actually a stud for his overall. But sometimes Lindback would go down on his belly for the most common one-timers.

Pavelec and Bobrovsky seem like the most common goalies I see.

Yeah I've seen him stand on his head a few times. Anderson has been letting in some weak goals but not sure if its him or ice tilt.

Also my D always switch and play the wrong side. I've been Bieksa play LD numerous times

Yeah I've seen him stand on his head a few times. Anderson has been letting in some weak goals but not sure if its him or ice tilt.

Also my D always switch and play the wrong side. I've been Bieksa play LD numerous times

I'd just keep riding Pavelec but I seen Bobrovsky for cheap out of nowhere so I had to snag him.

Anderson I've never had myself, but he's a smaller frame and that's not for me. I feel like he lets in more cross creases and whatnot because he's not a bigger body. Which is why I originally had Lindback to start my HUT because he's huge. Lindback plays like a star because of his size even though he's like an 80 or something.

Archived