The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official NHL 14 Thread

Please Call 911

Guest Gumballthechewy

I think poise affects their consistency and clutch-ness. So it obviously wont affect your player if your playing you games but if you sim the games they could be inconsistent.

Ive also heard that the lower the poise, the better a player plays at the beginning of the season, and a higher poise means players play better towards the end of the season and also better in the playoffs.

Ah, ok. I thought it had something to do with clutchness but I wasn't sure what exactly. Thanks.

Man, I probably play/sim at a 1/5 ratio and I'm still a 90+ point player, just imagine if I played more games! :lol:

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get a youth line up for HUT and can anyone give me some suggestions for players to get

Moulson - Galchenyuk - Oshie

Steen - O'Reilly - Vrbata

Landeskog - Schenn - Tarasenko

Baertschi - Nyquist - Silverberg

Edler - Polak

Alzner - Niskanen

OEL - Larsson

Luongo

Varlamov

This is my HUT team, who should I take out and who should I add in. Again I want a relatively young team and I know a lot of players on my team aren't young, it's in the process of being built. And I want a proven good goalie, that's why I have Luongo but any other suggestions for G also?

Anyways I have a decent record so far at 16-1-0. Hope to get a good young team with potential players going. Also if it matters, I'm playing PS3.

PS: I have no clue what HL player name and anything like that is and how it is different that just the normal players and what not lol...I'm kind of new to HUT

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get a youth line up for HUT and can anyone give me some suggestions for players to get

Moulson - Galchenyuk - Oshie

Steen - O'Reilly - Vrbata

Landeskog - Schenn - Tarasenko

Baertschi - Nyquist - Silverberg

Edler - Polak

Alzner - Niskanen

OEL - Larsson

Luongo

Varlamov

This is my HUT team, who should I take out and who should I add in. Again I want a relatively young team and I know a lot of players on my team aren't young, it's in the process of being built. And I want a proven good goalie, that's why I have Luongo but any other suggestions for G also?

Anyways I have a decent record so far at 16-1-0. Hope to get a good young team with potential players going. Also if it matters, I'm playing PS3.

PS: I have no clue what HL player name and anything like that is and how it is different that just the normal players and what not lol...I'm kind of new to HUT

Personally I like fast guys so I went after Duchene and Grabner right away, they both worked out nicely for me. Oliver Ekman Larrson is a good OFD.

HL (Hockey League) are players who were hot at one point or another in the real NHL so EA released cards for them with higher attributes, generally they are boosted 1 point in each category.

Personally I like fast guys so I went after Duchene and Grabner right away, they both worked out nicely for me. Oliver Ekman Larrson is a good OFD.

HL (Hockey League) are players who were hot at one point or another in the real NHL so EA released cards for them with higher attributes, generally they are boosted 1 point in each category.

HL means Hut Live

I think poise affects their consistency and clutch-ness. So it obviously wont affect your player if your playing you games but if you sim the games they could be inconsistent.

In my experience, that's actually not true. I played through 6 seasons of BAGM, playing every single game for the Jets. Obviously won the Stanley Cup year after year, who doesn't (on hard, who doesn't?)? And I found that typically during the regular season, Andrew ladd would usually get between 40-50 points. But when the playoffs came, he really stepped it up compared to other more advanced players on my team (signed Patrick Kane, Matt Duchene). Hands down Ladd was at a point per game in the playoffs, and would usually score the game winner, the tying goal with less then a minute remaining, or the overtime goal. Always. Aside from 1 playoff where my goaltender won the Conn Smyth, Ladd won every other year. I believe his poise is 91. It makes a big difference in the playoffs; at least in my experience. He

I was being sarcastic. You can play a regular HUT game and get 100+ more pucks than you would playing the NBC mash-up on hard.

I haven't played it, but I heard you actually have to win to get the pucks, too. Much like Moments Live.

I was being sarcastic. You can play a regular HUT game and get 100+ more pucks than you would playing the NBC mash-up on hard.

Yeah, I knew about the sarcasm part. I was just asking if anyone actually cares about those games.

I haven't played it, but I heard you actually have to win to get the pucks, too. Much like Moments Live.

I would assume so. Why get points if you lose? I played the Chicago VS St Louis one the other day, because I haven't actually played VS a CPU in ages...

I really enjoyed NHL 14 but I honestly lost all interest in the game after my first season of BAGM. Reason why I had Hunter Shinkaruk in my lineup for the majority of the season. He had 86 goals and 100+ points. Issue is though.... I had an injury in my lineup and I called up someone to fill in. Then with 1 game left in the season one of my players came back from their injury and Shinkaruk got sent down to the WHL..... Sad part about it all. He won zero awards, calder, art ross, marucie, and he only improved 2 points overall the following season.... Very disappointed learned my lesson though manual lines only! Really rubbed me the wrong way though. Funny part about it. Burrows won the trophy race but he wasnt even on my team as i had traded him to Calgary. sad face.

I really enjoyed NHL 14 but I honestly lost all interest in the game after my first season of BAGM. Reason why I had Hunter Shinkaruk in my lineup for the majority of the season. He had 86 goals and 100+ points. Issue is though.... I had an injury in my lineup and I called up someone to fill in. Then with 1 game left in the season one of my players came back from their injury and Shinkaruk got sent down to the WHL..... Sad part about it all. He won zero awards, calder, art ross, marucie, and he only improved 2 points overall the following season.... Very disappointed learned my lesson though manual lines only! Really rubbed me the wrong way though. Funny part about it. Burrows won the trophy race but he wasnt even on my team as i had traded him to Calgary. sad face.

Shinkaruk had 86 goals? How much did you boost him? Ovechkin rarely gets 50 in my Superstar Sims

I didn't boost him at all. I just played each game. lol. I took a ton of shots with him but honestly it was easy to score with him. I was on the 2nd highest setting.

He started the year between Kesler/Higgins and then went up to fill in on the top line when Burrows got hurt. Then he went back down til one of the Sedin's got hurt. Just a lot of focusing on Shink. He's got a really good shot though. I find once you get a few goals in consecutive games its easy to score. Once he has some goals padding his success he improves. He started off slow but picked it up by the mid to end. He had a 3-4 hat tricks and some solid 1-2 goal nights.

I didn't boost him at all. I just played each game. lol. I took a ton of shots with him but honestly it was easy to score with him. I was on the 2nd highest setting.

He started the year between Kesler/Higgins and then went up to fill in on the top line when Burrows got hurt. Then he went back down til one of the Sedin's got hurt. Just a lot of focusing on Shink. He's got a really good shot though. I find once you get a few goals in consecutive games its easy to score. Once he has some goals padding his success he improves. He started off slow but picked it up by the mid to end. He had a 3-4 hat tricks and some solid 1-2 goal nights.

Lol no kidding Shinkaruk got 86 goals if you were playing on All-Star.

Archived