The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Luongo should get the start from here on

VanNuck

Funny how Corey can do no wrong with certain people. It's even funnier that those certain people seem to forget about the 45 shots per game Lou was saving for the last how many seasons to help get the team where they are today. Let's see Schneids do that for a few seasons before we declare him the golden boy. Seems to me those straight shots are going in way more often than with Luongo. At least it was nhl superstars doing it to Lou "in the playoffs when they were supposed to".

Without the refs or the league helping.....there isn't a team in the NHL that can beat the Canucks. Anyone who blames Luongo for losing to boston, or for last season for that matter, should pull their heads out of their buttocks. The goalie has no control over the guys in front of him (his team) rippling the mesh at the other end. Here's a test for you haters. First strap on the goalie pads. Next, go separate one of your key player's shoulders. Then break one of your key players backs. Don't foget to suspend the grit for a few games also. Then have all the officiating in your series be biased against your team just as the other teams goalie goes on a hot streak (which is pretty easy when your team get's a pp every time they look at you wrong lol) and let me know the outcome. Only then can you gripe about Luongo and how bad he supposedly is. Give the helm to Luongo for the playoffs, we will succeed if the team plays the way they can, and the refs call a real game :)

I'd say give Cory this playoff run. To see what he's capable of in the post-season.

So far, in his limited outings: had cramps for crying out loud, never really played on his head to steal us a game, and has won only one so far. So yeah, I'm not sold.

I'm really skeptic, but the only way to find out is to try it out.

And if we don't get far, for christ's sake, please don't give out excuses blaming the team in front of him.

did i say that?

luongo is done in vancouver, GET-OVER-IT. support the team.

it's time to see what schneider can do over the long haul. this pure insanity about "luongo not being given his fair chance" after years and years and years here is just stupid.

League-wise standings:

#1 penalty kill, #1 power play, #1 Goals for, #1 Goals against, #1 Wins #1 Losses (including OT) #1 Pts standings

- 7 #1s in case someone is counting

Individual awards:

Art Ross winner, Daniel Sedin

Selke Trophy, Ryan Kesler

Anyone who can say this team is half as good as it were, they can be the next clown for Cirque du Soleil. Go bask to Pitsburgh.

I certainly hope people start realizing that its not Luongo who solely breaks down but the entire team.

He is untradable and does deserve to be number one on this team. He has grown with the core, he is part of the core and if you want to compare his importance:

How would anyone feel about sitting a healthy Kesler?

How about sitting one of the Sedins each night?

How about Hamhuis or Bieksa sitting, healthy, on the bench, night after night?

Luongo's time has come.

Again I ask, AV is looking to start Schneider in the playoffs. Of Schneider falls two games to none in the first round, does he play Luongo the third game?

You mean how he only allowed 6 goals on 28 shots in game 4 right? No?

Oh, you must mean how he limited the Hawks to only 4 goals on 12 shots in game 5? No?

Must be talking about giving up the winning goal for Chicago in OT in game 6 then? No?

Oh, I think I finally have it, you mean he held off the Hawks by only allowing 1 goal in game 7.

Yes, I guess that last one was pretty good, nice he had 4 shots at getting it right. All we need is a 3-0 series lead every series and we're golden.

Even then, I don't see how this team is better than in 2011, when they had aside from everyone else, Raffi Torres, a true enforcer, Rick Rypien - where's all the energy now? One more thing, on paper, Samuelsson would make any team better than this one (and he didn't). Fact is, there won't be a Cup today, so like I said, back to Pittsburgh.

I certainly hope people start realizing that its not Luongo who solely breaks down but the entire team.

He is untradable and does deserve to be number one on this team. He has grown with the core, he is part of the core and if you want to compare his importance:

How would anyone feel about sitting a healthy Kesler?

How about sitting one of the Sedins each night?

How about Hamhuis or Bieksa sitting, healthy, on the bench, night after night?

Rypien wasn't on the team and Sammuelsson was injured.

Excluding Booth and Sammuelsson

Now -------------------------------------- 2011

Daniel / Henrik / Burrows ---------------------------- Daniel / Henrik / Burrows

Raymond / Kesler / Kassian ------------------------ Raymond / Kesler / Higgins

Higgins / Roy / Hansen ------------------------------ Torres / Lappierre / Hansen

Pinnizotto / Lappierre / Weise ---------------------- Glass / Bolduc / Oreskovich

Hamhuis / Garrison ----------------------------------- Hamhuis / Bieksa

Edler / Bieksa ------------------------------------------ Edler / Salo

Ballard / Tanev ---------------------------------------- Ballard / Ehrhoff

Schneider ----------------------------------------------- Luongo

Luongo -------------------------------------------------- Schneider

When you consider how some guys like Edler, Schneider, Hansen, exc. Have gotten better, I would say our current team is better offensively, and in net, aswell as it being about the same on the blueline.

Archived