The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Sharks - Game 3

Strombone1

Why is everyone so mad? We all knew San Jose was going to beat the Canucks.

Canucks window closed 2 years ago. This team probably won't win a cup for the next long while. Our prospects are awful and our team is filled with perimeter players.

The level of hockey I choose to support may not be as elite as the NHL, but the players I cheer for are true role models. And they are more like you and me than these NHLers will ever be. Most of us here on this forum play the game because we love it. And I respect people who are fueled by passion and not by a paycheque

Frankly this post-Couture explosion era doesn't look like a choker team anymore. I'm not really counting on our offense to consistently power through this Sharks team for 4 games. Not buying our defense being able to smother them for 4 games either. 4 straight from 2-0 is possible. Not from this 3-0 hole though. I hate to say it but we just don't have the energy like teams such as the Hawks or Bruins for that matter to just "gear up".

I'm more and more convinced that AV's system is a regular season system. His system's pace is too slow to keep up in the playoffs. I also feel that he's falling behind a bit in terms of the evolution of the game.

I don't agree with the sentiments that "We'd never win a cup with the Sedins as our 1st line". Rather, I feel that we won't win one with AV at the helm. We can get close, but we can do so much more with our roster than this coaching staff has shown.

Sorry but the world isn't gonna be so one-dimensional. Bieksa hasn't had a great season himself but he's still nursing a groin injury that has only gotten to this point due to stupidity in refusing to rest a la Kesler. And it's important to factor in how Bieksa makes this team COHESIVE rather than only looking at his individual achievements. It's also trade suicide when you trade away a defenceman that hasn't been a liability perse, but is clearly not performing up to standards. No one will want to come to your team. Agents will keep their players away from this team like the plague.

Edler on the other hand...has no attachments and had better be gone by the start of next season. It's only gonna be Luongo drama 2.0 once his NTC kicks in.

Kesler is only one player. There is no way he can carry this team for EVERY game. He's not Gretzky, and even Gretzky needed the right amount of help.

Plus, how do you think he feels when he sells arm and leg to win a game but everyone else is content with coasting? It doesn't matter how well ANYONE thinks they played. They lost. Kesler wants to WIN. It doesn't matter if the shots were 100 to 5 and they spent 99% of zone time in the offensive zone. If they LOST, to Kesler, that is a bad game. That's proper captain mentality.

Archived