The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

White Noise Canucks Talk

Guest Gumballthechewy

i'm happy kes didn't get traded. just put that to bed and move on. could be one of the reasons why this team's playing like **** with all the injuries, who's staying and who's going, it's a lot of drama that's hard for the players to not pay attention to, especially what's been going on with lu and now he's finally gone. with a season like this, seeing people blaming torts and the 'system' it's just being at the wrong place at the wrong time

Yup, CBA and injuries are largely to blame for a highly forgettable year. All the rest is just people clutching for excuses/someone to blame.

Better yet, learn to separate your emotional attachment of the game/team from the actual intellectual observation of the organization/management. Use your impressive man-skills of compartmentalization :lol:

And Gum....Allegedly It's all rumours and I heard it rumoured that's what Gillis' demands were, not what was actually offered. So again, not based in reality. Gillis took the best offer he got for a largely unproven goalie with other teams knowing we HAD to get rid of a goalie AND clear cap due to the CBA. In that light a 9 pick in one of the deepest drafts in years was more than fair. Especially considering goalies are worth practically nothing in trades.

Continue to pat yourself on the back. You don't think there's a reason why I responded to your post in a manner different then others?

There's a reason that maybe 9-10 of my last 4,000 posts have been in Canucks talk. It's part the trolls, part the people who want to blow up the team after every loss, and part the people who are so set in their ideals that they need to look down on others opinions. I'm sure you have a balanced intellectual response, and im some raving depressed lunatic.

I never said it was the end of the world, or that the team needed to blow up. Just that the poor management needed to be purged. And they will be.

I was hoping this thread would be different, but it's just another branch of Canucks Talk.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm sure you have a balanced intellectual response, and im some raving depressed lunatic.

You're not a raving, depressed lunatic, you're a calm rational guy. You're upset, that's perfectly understandable, this teams management is completely useless and it's a little infuriating to watch it unfold but there's nothing we can do about it.

I was hoping this thread would be different, but it's just another branch of Canucks Talk.

And not to be a dick or anything but you're the one turning it into that.

what was the rumour surrounding edmonton?

That they where willing to give more that just a pick for Schneider.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he didn't go to Edmonton, just saying we probably, could have gotten more for him.

Continue to pat yourself on the back. You don't think there's a reason why I responded to your post in a manner different then others?

There's a reason that maybe 9-10 of my last 4,000 posts have been in Canucks talk. It's part the trolls, part the people who want to blow up the team after every loss, and part the people who are so set in their ideals that they need to look down on others opinions. I'm sure you have a balanced intellectual response, and im some raving depressed lunatic.

I never said it was the end of the world, or that the team needed to blow up. Just that the poor management needed to be purged. And they will be.

Seems to be the same manner as far as I can tell... If you don't want to talk hockey then don't. You're the only person making this personal.

What poor management? Gillis has certainly had missteps/moves that haven't worked out as planned like any GM but he's certainly better than most GM's we've had historically and I don't see anybody currently unemployed and available to replace him that would do a better job.

Again, IMO, we're in nowhere near as bad of shape as CT and the media would lead us to believe. Gillis will be judged on how he shapes the team this summer and the results next year and following IMO. People are jumping the gun with panicky reactions to a horrible, horrible year.

Don't get wrong, I'm glad he didn't go to Edmonton, just saying we probably, could have gotten more for him.

I don't think they offered whatever that rumour was, I think that's what Gillis asked for. Whatever their offer was obviously wasn't more or "more enough" to trade them to a direct division rival.

In other words even if there was a slight difference in "more" it wasn't enough to get out of joint about and call the move a failure vs a success.

You're not a raving, depressed lunatic, you're a calm rational guy. You're upset, that's perfectly understandable, this teams management is completely useless and it's a little infuriating to watch it unfold but there's nothing we can do about it.

And not to be a dick or anything but you're the one turning it into that.

That's just my response to someone putting their analysis on a higher 'intellectual' level. I don't take offense to any of the actual opinions shared here.

But yeah, i won't be engaging the conversation in this thread anymore. I dont want it to seem personal in any matter.

That's just my response to someone putting their analysis on a higher 'intellectual' level. I don't take offense to any of the actual opinions shared here.

But yeah, i won't be engaging the conversation in this thread anymore. I dont want it to seem personal in any matter.

Again, YOU are the only one making comments about intellectual levels, ideals etc. YOU are the one making things personal.

I encourage you to talk about hockey ;)

Jesus man, calm down, it's only a game!

I was once like you, I went through this same situation in the Linden era and between inept management and Linden getting traded I was pretty frustrated but then I realised that this is hockey, favourites get traded, inept mangenment run teams into the ground, but things will get better.

I used to be a die hard Canucks fan but after Linden left I started to focus more on hockey as a whole, started to follow other teams. I still love the Canucks and they will always be my number one team but I'm a hockey fan first and a Canucks fan second. I love hockey way to much to give up on it just because the team makes some moves I don't agree with.

Based on what Edmonton allegedly offered for him.

I think that falls under the realm of fantasy.

Again, YOU are the only one making comments about intellectual levels, ideals etc. YOU are the one making things personal.

I encourage you to talk about hockey ;)

Not intellectual levels, no. I wouldn't challenge anyones, or accept anyone challenging mine. I was talking the qualifying if an argument as an intellectual observation, vs. an emotional attachment/reaction

Better yet, learn to separate your emotional attachment of the game/team from the actual intellectual observation of the organization/management. Use your impressive man-skills of compartmentalization :lol:

That's all I was talking about. That's what agitated me. The implication that I hadn't formed my reaction out of intellectual observations.

I'll leave it at that. I'm not going to elaborate on that further. Just didn't want to leave it with someone thinking I was directly speaking of someone's intelligence level.

Not intellectual levels, no. I wouldn't challenge anyones, or accept anyone challenging mine. I was talking the qualifying if an argument as an intellectual observation, vs. an emotional attachment/reaction

That's all I was talking about. That's what agitated me. The implication that I hadn't formed my reaction out of intellectual observations.

I'll leave it at that. I'm not going to elaborate on that further. Just didn't want to leave it with someone thinking I was directly speaking of someone's intelligence level.

And I have yet to see anything rational, that isn't heavily biased by fan emotion and/or the toxic rumour and fear mongering media that would tell me that the sky is indeed falling and MG went from GM of the year to lobotomy victim in the span of a few years.

As I said last page:

What poor management? Gillis has certainly had missteps/moves that haven't worked out as planned like any GM but he's certainly better than most GM's we've had historically and I don't see anybody currently unemployed and available to replace him that would do a better job.

Again, IMO, we're in nowhere near as bad of shape as CT and the media would lead us to believe. Gillis will be judged on how he shapes the team this summer and the results next year and following IMO. People are jumping the gun with panicky reactions to a horrible, horrible year.

Prove me wrong. Talk hockey.

So back to hockey then?

I'm hoping having Mathias (finally a Manny replacement!) will allow Kesler and Hank to focus a bit more on offence now. Still pretty slim chances we even make the playoffs (at this point I almost prefer we didn't) but it would be nice to see the team at least trend in the right direction and I think Mathias will help that.

Either way we look pretty well setup to make some moves this summer and I look forward to seeing what the lineup looks like next year and with Mathias filling our 3C hole.

Archived