The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Help Gillis prepare his review for the Aquilinis

PlayStation

Not sure what paper your looking at we don't have a second line we have two third lines. Your not going to win a cup like that. I'm just saying Connauton was to much to give up for a rental unless you have a great shot at the cup, we didn't.

Not sure what paper your looking at we don't have a second line we have two third lines. Your not going to win a cup like that. I'm just saying Connauton was to much to give up for a rental unless you have a great shot at the cup, we didn't.

That press conference was exactly what we expected from Gillis; nothing. It leaves very little hope for us fans. Maybe the owners will realize nothing short of Gillis being fired is what is needed. Gillis sounds the like the same status quo although he said changes are needed but they have to identify problem areas. Heck he is a big part of the problem and the coaches and scouts are too. If the owners don't let them all go and get some real hockey people in this team will spend another lifetime in mediocrity. Gillis actually made lame excuses, can you believe it. The lockout etc.

@ Baggins, Hodgson does belong in the bad. The timing was horrible, Kassian was nowhere near NHL ready, nor do I think he is right now, and then we threw him in to the playoffs. A better idea would of been to trade him in the off season, where I'm sure Hodgsons value would of increased... Or we could of kept him because of Kesler.

Regardless of all that, there was problems between Hodgson and management. That comes back to Gillis and thus is "The Bad"

Players being upset with management is nothing new.

Matheiu Schneider

Samuelsson

Hodgson

Luongo

Cory Schneider

Ballard I'm sure is probably p'd off.

Then theres been countless times where management has said one thing, and the player the other, ex. Kesler is ready to go, and him saying We'll see tomorrow.

Everythings been poorly handled.

Because K-Conn had some SERIOUS holes in his game that were not going away with time. K-Conn was a "puck moving defenseman" in the same way Marc-Andre Gragnani was. His offense simply didn't outweigh his defensive lapses. The 2nd was worth significantly more than Kevin IMO.

I agree with the majority of Gillis' decisions - and I'd have a very hard time saying about many other GMs in the NHL.

HIs deals have been sound. He's had a good measure of patience and decisiveness.

His free agent signings have been outstanding.

The Canucks under his tenure are doing a better job of recognizing young talent than people realize.

He handles this doomsday market well imo - it takes a lot of restraint and patience.

I wouldn't hesitate to bring him back - and I'd leave the decision regarding the coach in his hands - he's worked with AV the most and knows his ups and downs and whether they see eye to eye on the direction the team should proceed in.

Gillis is an intelligent man - he's capable of continuing to steer the organization in a winning direction. He's also reasonable enough to know what is and isn't within his control, which I think lends to resilience, good decision making and realistic expectations.

Should have Signed Ehrhoff and traded Edler.

Eddie has been part of the defensive collapse in every loss since boston.

I don't care what the locker room dynamic was with Hodgson either. Sometimes a little conflict breeds competition.

Well, the NHL officials made it very clear that the Canucks are too Physical. 120% more penalties says it all.

Even the Sedin's were too physical apparently.

So, if we are going to listen to NHL officials, we have to get less physical, unless we are planning on winning a series taking 200% more penalties, and I don't like the odds of that.

• 1 month later...

Archived