The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are we finally getting some luck? Deep draft, moving up the rankings!

Stop bringing up hodgsons dad as an excuse to ship him off. I don't doubt he was a pain in the ass but who cares, he was a rookie with 0 leverage and tremendous upside . I hate how people defend gillis with this stupid excuse

Obviously the Canucks didn't want to lose in the playoffs but there is a very small silver lining.

I think we have seen the most upsets this year in the playoffs from lower seeding teams which will help the Canucks move up the draft order.

We normally pick in the 20s but this year we could potentially pick quite a bit earlier

Det upset Ana (7th rank vs 2nd)

Ott upset Mtl (7th rank vs 2nd)

LA upset STL (5th rank vs 4)

NYR might upset Wash 3-3 (6th rank vs 3rd)

Tor might upset Boston 3-3 (5th rank vs 4th)

If all these happen, do we pick 11th overall?

What the earliest we can theoretically pick?

Not only was it Hodgsons Father but he was a tag team with the worse agent in the NHL Rich Winters. I recall chatting one day with an ex LA King who said Pat Quinn got rid of Craig Redmond for the very same reason. If you've ever been in a business situation when some one harasses you every day at some point you just get rid of the guy. Lindros with Clarke was much the same. The fact is Hodgson wasn't willing to wait for his turn as a top end centre. He wasn't good enough to unseat Henrik or Kesler. He was like a cancer in the room, good ridance

Believe what you want, the reality is the trainer hurt Hodgson, the doctors told Hodgson there was nothing wrong, AV told the media he was making excuses, Hodgson went to an independent doctor who said there was a big problem, the team didn't make a public apology; MG bashes a player publicly to defend his trade, Hodgson takes the high road and mentions nothing.

Heck if I was Hodgson I wouldn't trust the Canucks either...

I kind if wish Hodgson made his thoughts public as it would likely wreck the reputation that the team cares about its players.

If DET wins tonight, we officially acquire the 23rd pick of the 2013 NHL Draft. Here`s a little Vancouver history of 23rd overall:

1974 - Ron Sedlbauer (430 Games, 229 Points)

1990 - Jiri Slegr (622 Games, 249 Points)

2000 - Nathan Smith (26 Games, 0 Points)

2003 - Ryan Kesler (578 Games, 350 Points)...and counting.

Archived