The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Anyone Else Have An Issue With Blake Price?

Generally, those who are cut off have nothing new to say anyway.

I highly doubt he would've cut you off if you had a decent point to make.

That being said, as we were just booted out of the playoffs, i wouldn't really wanna hear what any idiot caller had to say about it.

Completely agree with you dude. Guys a tool. Right up there with the rest of them.

Local Sports Media Tool rankings:

#1) Matt "the cartoon character" Sekeres

#2) Blake "The Fake" Price

#3) Jason "the jerk" Botchford

#4) Ed "The Zit Zombie" Willes"

#5) Jeff "5 secondPause" Patterson

#6) Barry "Big Ego" McDonald

#7) Farhan "I have Gary Galley's voice" Lalji

God forbid a radio host is critical of the Canucks....it's like we should all put the blinders on and pretend they are the greatest thing ever when they don't deserve it. I for one enjoy a less homerish commentator on the team.

For the OP, hard to put an opinion on this unless you tell us what you were calling about in the first place. Kind of thinking it was dumb if you wouldn't mention why he was cutting you off and calling you wrong.

Your right, Botch should be #1 actually. The guy is a first class jerk and an arrogant pr%$k. I remember him going off that Cam guy one morning for over minute for not putting in a sound byte quick enough. Totally berated and put him down. I almost phoned the station to file a complaint. I was so happy when Ferraro went off on him one morning. You get a real sense from how others are around him that he is not well liked and respected by much of the media.

I should have Sekeres as tie for #1. The fact the guy is just a complete and utter clown and sounds like a cartoon character is laughable but worse is that he has 0 sports knowledge. I remember him one day trying to convince people Michael Jordan actually rode shotgun to Scotty Pippen.

Completely agree with you dude. Guys a tool. Right up there with the rest of them.

Local Sports Media Tool rankings:

#1) Matt "the cartoon character" Sekeres

#2) Blake "The Fake" Price

#3) Jason "the jerk" Botchford

#4) Ed "The Zit Zombie" Willes"

#5) Jeff "5 secondPause" Patterson

#6) Barry "Big Ego" McDonald

#7) Farhan "I have Gary Galley's voice" Lalji

I don't like most talk show hosts for the exact reason you are talking about OP. Just because someone has a different opinion is no reason to hang up on people and insult them. I find it sad people applaud that kind of behavior.

Basically I really don't like anyone anymore on the Team 1040 among it's hosts. I appreciate Ferraro, as he's played the game of hockey, he understands the game deeper, and has a players perspective. I may not always agree with him. But he's usually right about most things.

Taylor is fine, but he's not a talk show host, he's better off doing Connected and the evening highlight package.

The Moj is good with his guests, and at least listens to callers, but really he's knowledgable only about football. When he talks hockey or other sports he sounds like someone's driving a spike into his forehead.

It seems the media these days is dumbed down in an attempt to dumb down the listeners as well. On the plus side, we're being bombarded with less ads on Team 1040 than we were in previous years. Although we still have to listen to ads about certain laser procedures on the male anatomy which grinds my gears. I mean how desperate is Team 1040 for sponsers?

It's definitely not as good as it once was but I still listen all the time.

Absolutely hate botchford. Especially his written stuff. It's just so full of fluff. Like something out of TMZ.

When I'm listening to the team, I can't remember a single time when someone was cut off that I wasn't thinking 'what a frikkin moron of a caller that was'.

Your right, Botch should be #1 actually. The guy is a first class jerk and an arrogant pr%$k. I remember him going off that Cam guy one morning for over minute for not putting in a sound byte quick enough. Totally berated and put him down. I almost phoned the station to file a complaint. I was so happy when Ferraro went off on him one morning. You get a real sense from how others are around him that he is not well liked and respected by much of the media.

I have to say that I like the afternoon show now. BMAC and Taylor are funny, have a good rapport with each other, and really know local sports. I like how their show feels like an escape. I hated it when at the end of the work day I would turn on our local sports channel only to hear some bs about a political issue of which Pratt really new nothing about.

I have to admit I like Matt as well, his features, such as 'memo to' are unique and interesting. Outside of those two shows the team seems to be really struggling. They killed their own morning show in my opinion with having the Province guys on there. Like others have said, the provice guys just seem arrogant.

The Moj also does nothing for me, and I feel there are several better evening hosts out there.

Archived