The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What makes people so confident in Schneider, as our number 1?

BenDrinkin

To be honest with you I never looked before but your right... you do go out of your way to find stats that make Cory look bad then say oh but he's a good goalie.... Lol. That's my point mrs wolf.

So tell me what do you think of Cory as the starter? The number one? You like it? You don't? You go out of your way to show why Lou is better but say you support Cory.

I think that Cory is a great goalie that could not work out but is a better option then Lou because we know Lou didn't work out. (I'm not a cory homer) Your right and you have verry valid points about Cory BUT you ignore that when Lou has cracked he's done it in bunches and the only time Cory has had trouble in the playoffs he was coming back from an injury cold (Cory has done nothing to deserve your critical stat digging). I don't see why you feel the need to downplay Cory and defend Lou when it's clear that Cory's our goalie and should be the one supported. So you ok with it? You say you support him but its only for show, right? I've asked you about 4 times why you feel confident with Cory going forward but you can't tell me, but your a fan of his right? All you can do is defend Lou in a topic not about him.... LOL. Just drop the I'm a Cory fan BS (being silly) and go bark at something I think there's a full moon, have a good night.

Edit: just so you know I don't want to see yours and I'm not showing you mine, not into that type of thing (well not online).

Nino, come back with an actual reply to what I actually said or there's no point in me even trying to have a conversation with you. (Again, how are those examples me always finding stats that make Cory look bad? And how is you thinking Luo didn't work out an argument for Cory as opposed to any other goalie? You really can't come up with a better reason for your supposed support than that? Maybe read some of my other posts....)

And eww, obviously not what I meant by "show me yours." Just to be clear: Not with someone else's!

You didn't answer the question. Why do you think stating Cory's SV% and GAA for the last 2 years is an insult to him? Why do you think posting his game stats from the playoffs (which, by the way, I was doing in support of him if you'd bother to actually read what I said) is an insult to him?

I don't have a clue what issue you think I'm skirting. I've been accused (and rightfully so, to be honest) of writing volumes on these two and over and over I've been extremely clear in saying that I think they are both good and both give their team a decent chance to win most of the time, which is all you can expect from a goalie. That is my answer to the topic title question, even if it confuses you by not declaring either "better."

It's not my fault you, who supposedly supports Cory so devotedly, can only come up with the "He's not Luo" reason for your support. (And I quote: "I think that Cory is a great goalie that could not work out but is a better option then Lou because we know Lou didn't work out.") If you need help coming up with a better reason than that, either read my numerous lengthy posts on the subject or do your own legwork.

This is as simple as I can put it for you:

notluo_zpsbab073f6.jpg

If that's still not clear enough for you, I can't help you. You obviously brought a plastic spork to a gun fight.

And Cory's had 4+ goals in 33% of his (limited) playoff starts. You like that?

Cory shouldn't have started this year, but he did. HE said he was ready before both games. Even after the playoffs, he said he had been good to go and couldn't use injury as an excuse. If excuses aren't acceptable for one they aren't for the other. If you are going to take other factors into account for one, you have to take them into account for both. And the smart fan knows that most of the time the team is the single biggest factor in how well a goalie does.

Really? Yet another partially quoted message saying "most of the time the team is the single biggest factor in how well a goalie does" is all you got?

Let's all review how that message ended....

Ah, context. You matter so much!

As flattered as I am by how much you seem to care about my opinion, there's no need to continue this in PMs because you nothing to say. Never have. No facts, no stats, no figures, no arguments. Just a hollow hatred of Luo.

P.S. Google "gun fight expression."

Your always good for a chuckle, thanks for brightening up my day. Do me a favor go back and find the part that I asked you to compare the goalies or declare one "better", I'd like to see that post. That In fact was my point you do it too much.

So it's gone from wanting to show me yours to a gun fight... LOL

Disagree all you want but let's keep the personal attacks out of it.

He have been bad only one game this year? He have been terrible one game and the other, even if he had a S% of 9.15, if Luongo would had the exact same game(same S%, do the same kind of save, let in the same goals), we would have been able to read here things like "Next time Luongo let in a bad goal, it will be 1 - 0 for the Canucks", "Next time Luongo will be in the Rogers Arena the score will be 8 - 1 Vancouver" or "Finally we'll win games in playoffs".

Two goals really similar, guess after which one we have been able to read the meanest things here?

Lol this is like a family divided into team Cory and team Lu. If you are a Canucks fan you should support whoever is wearing a Canucks jersey. But I guess it's too late for that now bc the plastic forks and guns are out.

I just like bugging Apollo bc he's the biggest Lu dikk rider ever.

Why are people arguing over who is better? Their skill level is very close, so the issue is getting someone in return who can help us compete for a cup now, since the window is slamming shut. One will get us something in return, one won't.

How good does the future look to Schneider supporters, and what exactly do they think we can get in return for Luongo? The american economy is balancing on a fine line between riches or rags, so who is going to take on a 10 year contract?

Our core is aging with no one coming up to give us hope for the future, so why are you so concerned with having the younger player?

Why are people arguing over who is better? Their skill level is very close, so the issue is getting someone in return who can help us compete for a cup now, since the window is slamming shut. One will get us something in return, one won't.

How good does the future look to Schneider supporters, and what exactly do they think we can get in return for Luongo? The american economy is balancing on a fine line between riches or rags, so who is going to take on a 10 year contract?

Our core is aging with no one coming up to give us hope for the future, so why are you so concerned with having the younger player?

Soooo you're in the pro Schneider club? It doesn't matter what club you're in I guess, supply and demand is a simple concept! We're not going to get anything for Luongo, so do people think we have a bright future here? Do they think that we are so closed to being a cup contender that we don't need much in return? I don't get it.

This constant bickering over the goalies is getting annoying. They are both quality goalies. The least of the Canucks problems is the goaltending.

If it were up to me, I would trade whichever goalie gets the best return which would probably mean Schneids), although Lu's contract is a real concern.

Regardless, I think Lu has moved on and actually would welcome a trade. I really can't see him happily returning to Vancouver, even as a guaranteed #1.

Soooo you're in the pro Schneider club? It doesn't matter what club you're in I guess, supply and demand is a simple concept! We're not going to get anything for Luongo, so do people think we have a bright future here? Do they think that we are so closed to being a cup contender that we don't need much in return? I don't get it.

Archived