The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What makes people so confident in Schneider, as our number 1?

BenDrinkin

Why are you taking an attack posture? If you dont like my opinions because your'e a Luo die-hard then that's your problem, I'm a Cory supporter so deal with it. I could've easily said the same things about you and your anti-Schneider BS that your'e always spewing.

I feel more comfortable with Luongo in net, to be sure. He's seen it all, been the guy for a long time, been in every kind of pressure situation from the Olympics to Game 7 of the Finals, the World Championships, he's been there, nothing is gonna rattle him. Schneider has shown all kinds of promise, all kinds of potential, he's been a real good sport about the mess management's made of the nets here in Vancouver, but he's never really been in the pressure situations, only a few playoff games and only one playoff win, and a dangerous knack for getting hurt at very bad times (in that one game he started against Chicago where he was injured on the shootout attempt; this season right before the playoffs).

Neither is a bad option, but if I was in charge Luongo would be my guy. He's seen it all and weathered the storm. His contract is only an issue if we are trying to trade him; if he is the guy it is not so bad really. Indeed that contract is the biggest argument in favour of keeping him: he has less value in trade than he does as this team's goalie. However it's extremely likely that management has botched this up to the point where Luongo will not be willing to stick around. He has really been done wrong by this whole situation, it is amateur hour in the front office, that's for sure.

I feel more comfortable with Luongo in net, to be sure. He's seen it all, been the guy for a long time, been in every kind of pressure situation from the Olympics to Game 7 of the Finals, the World Championships, he's been there, nothing is gonna rattle him. Schneider has shown all kinds of promise, all kinds of potential, he's been a real good sport about the mess management's made of the nets here in Vancouver, but he's never really been in the pressure situations, only a few playoff games and only one playoff win, and a dangerous knack for getting hurt at very bad times (in that one game he started against Chicago where he was injured on the shootout attempt; this season right before the playoffs).

Neither is a bad option, but if I was in charge Luongo would be my guy. He's seen it all and weathered the storm. His contract is only an issue if we are trying to trade him; if he is the guy it is not so bad really. Indeed that contract is the biggest argument in favour of keeping him: he has less value in trade than he does as this team's goalie. However it's extremely likely that management has botched this up to the point where Luongo will not be willing to stick around. He has really been done wrong by this whole situation, it is amateur hour in the front office, that's for sure.

I am not confident in Schneider being number one at all. Luongo or Schneider, this team gets blown to pieces in the playoffs.

When's the last time Luongo won a playoff game? Well, when's the last time Schneider won a playoff game?

This franchise is a mess from top down. Now that Luongo is untradable because of a lengthy contract no one wants to touch with a ten foot pole, why not just keep the guy you gave such a contract to? At the very least, we know what we get. Schneider on the other hand is entirely unproven and also getting near the start of his 30's. 30 games a year does not make a numer one out of goaltender. Schneider is a glorifies Auld.

As for the cap, $1.333 MIL between a known and an unknown, I'll take the known any day of the week.

After having unfortunately found this site to feed my addiction concerning this team, all I can see as a reason for the Schneider lovers to be Schneider lovers is that; to a fourteen year old, a 27 year old sounds like an adult and a 34 year old sounds like a grandfather.

I am not confident in Schneider being number one at all. Luongo or Schneider, this team gets blown to pieces in the playoffs.

When's the last time Luongo won a playoff game? Well, when's the last time Schneider won a playoff game?

This franchise is a mess from top down. Now that Luongo is untradable because of a lengthy contract no one wants to touch with a ten foot pole, why not just keep the guy you gave such a contract to? At the very least, we know what we get. Schneider on the other hand is entirely unproven and also getting near the start of his 30's. 30 games a year does not make a numer one out of goaltender. Schneider is a glorifies Auld.

As for the cap, $1.333 MIL between a known and an unknown, I'll take the known any day of the week.

After having unfortunately found this site to feed my addiction concerning this team, all I can see as a reason for the Schneider lovers to be Schneider lovers is that; to a fourteen year old, a 27 year old sounds like an adult and a 34 year old sounds like a grandfather.

Archived