The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tom Sestito re-signs with Canucks for two years, $1.5m

Could not give Raffi Torres 2 years, but Sestito earns 2 years? Really? A guy who played 1 playoff game for 5 minutes.

The guy cannot fight, or play tough for his size. There is zero room on this team that needs to inject some youth into the roster to allow us to compete with the cap going down. Stupid Mike Gillis move yet again.

Almost all of us have asked for an enforcer on the team, now we have one. He can play a regular shift and not just 2 minutes per game, so that is even better.

Add some size and toughness to guys who will actually be on the ice regularly and we are set.

I would love to see us pry McIlrath from NYR as he would complement our smallish defensive core quite well.

Me too...I'm friends with his Aunt (she lives in BC) and have followed him from day one. Would love for us to snag him...

As for Tostito....well, I didn't see enough of him yet to really decide. Want him to step up in the "got your back" department as I believe he will be most effective by setting a tone like that.

What happened to the philosophy of not having players who are just goon plugs nothing else ? Look at Boston's fourth line we need our fourth line to Chip in once in a while, sestito is a horrible hockey player .

Waste of space. We don't need a goon. We need the likes of Trevor Lewis, Colin Fraser, Shawn Thornton, Chris Neil, Prust, Daniel Paille, Matt Martin...solid tough guys who can skate well, aggressively forecheck and play 10 minutes a game in the playoffs, not just in November, December and January.

I'm really starting to wonder if MG knows what the !@#$ he's doing.

Woohoo. I love this guy. Played his role fine.

And to all the haters, who do you think is a better fit for the 4th line? Ebbett? Pinnizzotto? Weise?

The guy isn't afraid to go up against anyone. The only reason he loses fights is because he has bad balance....

When he works on his balance he'll be a much better fighter.

He's a beauty.

None of those plugs are better. Look at the 4th lines of the remaining playoff teams, they all play big minutes and can skate and score. All we have is crappy fighting goons that won't do anything else

Could not give Raffi Torres 2 years, but Sestito earns 2 years? Really? A guy who played 1 playoff game for 5 minutes.

The guy cannot fight, or play tough for his size. There is zero room on this team that needs to inject some youth into the roster to allow us to compete with the cap going down. Stupid Mike Gillis move yet again.

Look at the whole play in that video.. First he hits Smid, turning the puck over and he's back the other way, passes it to Kassian and Sestito drives the net, something no one else but Booth really does on this team, and gets a garbage goal... That's exactly what the Canucks need and to call him a plug when he clearly has potential to be an awesome 4th liner is really unfair. He played fine in his role here. Really hard to make an impact with 5 minutes a game..

Look at the whole play in that video.. First he hits Smid, turning the puck over and he's back the other way, passes it to Kassian and Sestito drives the net, something no one else but Booth really does on this team, and gets a garbage goal... That's exactly what the Canucks need and to call him a plug when he clearly has potential to be an awesome 4th liner is really unfair. He played fine in his role here. Really hard to make an impact with 5 minutes a game..

As long as he plays up to his size and the new coach isn't afraid to tell him to be happy to take a 1 or 2 game suspension abusing another teams top line or goalie I am happy. But no more of his bear hugging, he is an enforcer and needs to act like it. We have enough big guys on the team that play like they're covered in bubble wrap. If he cannot come to games angry and ready to do his job beating up other teams...then hes ahl bait

Really? This guy can't skate, can't score, can't pass, and worst of all; can't fight!!!!

A waste of a roster spot on a guy brought in for size and is only good for the occasional hit and getting pummelled by the other team's tough guy!

Archived