The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Michael Ryder will not return with the Montreal Canadiens

Before we start hoping for players I think the key thing will be ...

Who our next coach will be and what kind of players we'll need to fit his system.

I just clicked on the link I posted and it says its only limited to VIPs of the newspaper ...

So I reopened my Chrome tabs to try to retrieve the content ... This is via the translator on Google Chrome, please live with the awkward grammer.

Michael Ryder has put the Canadiens uniform for only 32 games in his second visit to Montreal. Thane Campbell, the veteran right winger agent, confirmed the Journal de Montreal that his protégé was not part of the plans Marc Bergevin.

"I can tell you that I do not see Michael back in Montreal next year," Campbell said in a telephone interview.

At age 33, Ryder then test the free agent market for a third time.

Of great honesty, agent Ryder did not detour to explain the reasons that led the Habs to look in another direction.

"Michael did not have a good end of the season, Campbell said. He has not played up to his talent and did not meet expectations for the last 10 games of the year and the playoffs. "

Ryder has slowed at the same time as the Canadian ending the season with only 3 points (1 goal, 2 assists) in his last 10 games. The native winger Bonavista in Newfoundland has failed to improve its image in series with a poor harvest two points (1 goal, 1 assist) in five games.

Bergevin was informed

Acquired from the Dallas Stars on February 26 in exchange for Erik Cole, Ryder had a honeymoon a few weeks back with the CH with 20 points (10 goals, 10 assists) in his first 20 outings.

At this time, Bergevin had even launched a first line in the water.

"I know there has been interest for Canadian Michael Campbell admitted.Bergevin had opened the door when Michael went through good times, but we never received a concrete proposal. "

By sending Cole Ryder to Dallas and a 3rd round in 2013, Bergevin had also made an important mission by releasing several million payroll team.

Cole wins $ 4 million for the next two seasons in Dallas, but it will be recorded at a salary of $ 4.5 million over the salary cap for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons.

Another 30-goal scorer

Two days after the elimination of Canadian in five games against the Senators, Michael Ryder had not met with reporters at the traditional day of the balance sheet. According to officials of the communications team, Ryder had forgotten that he was to meet the press after his medical examinations.

From that day, one could doubt that he had played his last game with the CH.

Despite some pretty hard against his client, Campbell still has great faith in him.

"I remain convinced that he can still score between 35 and 40 goals in the NHL, the agent said. It will need a good summer training to return to the top of his physical condition. He did two years ago with the Stars and he was on his way this season for a production of about 27 goals if we had played 82 games.I really think it is still a marker of at least 30 goals.

"Michael did not head in the clouds, he is aware of his reality, he said. He knows he will not get as big a contract that would have dreamed of initial. He has not played like in his first season with the Stars where he scored 35 goals in addition to more

60 points (62 points). If he had kept the same pace, he really won a big, long contract. "

As of July 5, Campbell tries to find the best possible team for Ryder. He would not reveal his plans whether would look more for a team in the East or in the West.

"We look for a good environment where he had the opportunity to play an important role, he said. Michael needs to regain the power play, it was always a good marker. There will be some interesting options for him on the market, but it closed some doors with a bad end of the season. "

All teams I put down are going to go after him hard. I also expect Nashville to make a push as well.

Personally, I hope my Islanders get him. After years of crapping the bed, the Islanders have finally turned things around; no more trading away 1st round picks for lazy Russians.

I liked Ryder as a Hab, it just seemed right. In his defense the entire team was terrible in the last 13 games of the season though. If nothing else Bergevin can count it as a win for dumping Cole and his contract because that...was bad. Not Kaberle pick up bad but bad. Ryder won't be without a team for long, but I for one would not prefer to see him here in BC, if only because this is a team that needs to get younger and we already have a Higgins we don't need a Higgins 2.0. A swap of those two guys sure but not another 2 of the same type of player.

Doesn't anyone think Ryder could be that ONLY free agent out there that can take off some of the pressure to score with our top 6? its like we always hope Kesler, Dan, and Burr to score those big time goals but then you look for Higgins and Hansen to pinch in on some goals once a while .. then there's Hank ... & that soon to be ex-canuck Raymond. any other possible FAs we can see that are big time scorers? I don't think so. I think Sens will make a huge pitch with the Murray statement where he would give up prospects for offense

At least Ryder is a genuine second line goal scoring winger. He will probably get overpaid though on a 3 year deal worth $10-$12 mil. No way Gillis does that when he could just re-sign Raymond for 2 years at $2.5 mil. In fact, once all the smoke clears that's exactly what I expect Gillis to do. Raymond will be the big splash.

Gillis: "We will retool from within". :sadno:

At least Ryder is a genuine second line goal scoring winger. He will probably get overpaid though on a 3 year deal worth $10-$12 mil. No way Gillis does that when he could just re-sign Raymond for 2 years at $2.5 mil. In fact, once all the smoke clears that's exactly what I expect Gillis to do. Raymond will be the big splash.

I just don't see the Canucks improving the team through free agency. They already need to shed salary, so any major improvements will be made via trade. While Ryder would be a nice addition, he would get a better offer from another team that is also playoff bound.

Archived