The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Tyson Barrie has the skill and ability to be a top 4 defenceman right now and be a big asset on the power play.

If Roy is dead set against playing him, then trade him and stop holding the kid back. How's he supposed to shore up his defensive game from the press box?

Sorry, c2x, I gotta disagree with you on this one. What would you have Roy do? They're 9-1. If they were losing then I could see the need to criticize but right now he seems to have his guys clicking on all cylinders.

I can understand your frustration when the coach won't play the young guys, remember I have Elliott playing in Lake Erie even further down the depth chart (but at least he's playing), but young players sometimes do need to go through this adversity. Think of it this way, Barrie is learning about being around a young winning team, he will force his way into the lineup by playing at a high level, or he will come to the rescue of the team once they cool off. It's only 10 games in.

Just be glad AV isn't his coach. Roy will play him, just not right now.

Sorry, c2x, I gotta disagree with you on this one. What would you have Roy do? They're 9-1. If they were losing then I could see the need to criticize but right now he seems to have his guys clicking on all cylinders.

I can understand your frustration when the coach won't play the young guys, remember I have Elliott playing in Lake Erie even further down the depth chart (but at least he's playing), but young players sometimes do need to go through this adversity. Think of it this way, Barrie is learning about being around a young winning team, he will force his way into the lineup by playing at a high level, or he will come to the rescue of the team once they cool off. It's only 10 games in.

Just be glad AV isn't his coach. Roy will play him, just not right now.

Young players need to play to hone their skills. If the Canucks had kept Horvat or Shinkaruk up, played them in 4 games and then sat them, saying at least they're around a winning team, we'd be fuming over how the Canucks were mismanaging them and how their development would be better served getting lots of ice time in junior. Like you said, at least Elliott is playing.

9-1 is all well and good, but does anyone really expect them to sustain this? They still have issues on the blue line that their goaltending has been able to mask so far. But do they really believe that any one of Nate Guenin, Cory Sarich or Andre Benoit is a long term solution? I have no problem with playing the hot hand (especially Benoit, who has been good), but like I said, how is Barrie supposed to shore up his defensive game, which is admittedly a weak point, if he's just watching games from the press box? Barrie was the Avs best defenceman last season and had a decent camp, wasn't on the ice for a goal against in his 4 games this year, and this is how he's rewarded?

Once Jakob SIlfverberg is officially placed on the injury reserve, the Washington Capitals would like to make the following roster move:

Recall: The Washington Capitals recall Jacob Josefson and place him on the NHL roster.

Washington Capitals Current Lineup:

Evander Kane - Pavel Datsyuk - Patrik Elias

Rene Bourque - Kyle Turris - Brad Boyes

Rob Klinkhammer - Andrew Cogliano - Justin Fontaine

Jordin Tootoo - Jacob Josefson - Zack Kassian

Chris Kreider - Richard Panik

Keith Yandle - Tobias Enstrom

Sergei Gonchar - Ryan Ellis

Mark Fayne - Kyle Quincey

Nick Holden

Devan Dubnyk

Thomas Greiss

Oh dear. Paul Postma is out indefinitely with a blood clot in his leg... That is a scary situation. We are hopeful for a quick and full recovery for our young defender.

Montreal will have some more LTIR moves pending, because of course we would. :picard:

ouch..i have him in another league...this sucks

even he has not been very evective so for

I don't like the trade for the islanders Matt moulsen and john Tavares were amazing together.

It's good an it's bad. Adding a more potent shooter to go with JT (potentially) means JT could be a 100 pt guy this year.

Perhaps Moulson wanted something that the Isles wouldn't pay, and perhaps they really like what Okposo-Tavares have been doing together. The 1st + 2nd better have some sort of condition to them, because that is a STEEP price for a pending UFA in Vanek.

It's good an it's bad. Adding a more potent shooter to go with JT (potentially) means JT could be a 100 pt guy this year.

Perhaps Moulson wanted something that the Isles wouldn't pay, and perhaps they really like what Okposo-Tavares have been doing together. The 1st + 2nd better have some sort of condition to them, because that is a STEEP price for a pending UFA in Vanek.

Vanek at one point led our fantasy points last year and even with tapering off a little at the end finished int he top 20 of NHL players for points. I think that is considered an upgrade on Moulson, specially considering JT will be feeding him instead of CH. No offense to the owner of CH. Meanwhile Buffalo intends to draft whatsisnamemcdavid and also have another 1st round pick to help speed up the rebuild. At least that is what I see.

EDIT: oh wait its Rienhardt/Ekblad this year, whatsisnamemcdavid is a year away...lol

Double Edit: sweet, two extra games for Vanek due to the deal..haha. Fluffalo played 13 already, while the Isles only played 11.

Archived