The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

WAIVERS: The Winnipeg Jets have claimed Zach Redmond from the Montreal Canadiens via waivers.

WAIVERS: The Philadelphia Flyers have claimed Anders Lindback from the Montreal Canadiens via waivers.

TRADE: The Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with the Washington Capitals.

To WSH:

Jan Hejda

To MTL:

Dylan Blujus

WSH 2014 2nd Round Draft Selection

The turnover in Montreal continues.

We are not pleased to have lost both Anders and Zach, but exposing them to waivers was deemed necessary due to multiple factors, most notably playing time (or lack thereof). The acquisition of Reto Berra and a plethora of d-men on the roster made these decisions easier to make, but again we are not happy to lose them for nothing. We wish them the best with their new teams.

The other move was to trade away one of our better players on the season, as Jan Hejda was moved to Washington for some future pieces. We signed Hejda in the offseason and hoped that he'd be a piece that could help us get to the playoffs, and while he had held up his end of the bargain we did not. We wish him the best in Washington.

Montreal is not quite willing to give up on the season just yet or to blow up its core, but any and all offers for players will be listened to.

Updated Lineup (in spoiler):

Nash - Galchenyuk - Burns

Calvert - Filppula - Setoguchi

Cole - Horcoff - Loktionov

Tangradi - Arcobello - Condra

Peluso

E. Johnson - Kulikov

Olsen - Strait

Connauton - Smid

Greene - Schultz

Nabokov

Berra

Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!

Oh, and Andrej Sekera finally gets back in the lineup and goes for over 26 minutes, nearly half the game on the ice!!!! Some nice points to show for it.

Roughly 23 points from 7 men on the ice, decent night..time to start chipping away at the Devils 100 point lead......

Philadelphia Flyers State of the Franchise address

Following the appointment of Azzy Mahmood as the new General Manager of the Philadelphia Flyers, GM Azzy has been reviewing the franchise from top-to-bottom in order to assess the ailing state of the team and to produce a new vision for the franchise. Azzy spoke to reporters earlier today, revealing his plans to the media. Highlights of that press conference included:

First impressions:

"Obviously this team has plenty of options. There is some exciting talent on the roster. But my overall impression was not a positive one. Our roster needed a dramatic overhaul in order to bring the levels of compete that I require from this team. I knew I had to make changes."

Trade options:

"I received somewhere in the region of twenty two trade enquiries. That gave me a lot to process. But over the last few days I have made some positive moves that I believe address my immediate concerns, and that will hold us in good stead as we move forwards."

The Koivu trade:

"Above all, I wanted to add someone who would lead our franchise for years to come. Someone who is not afraid to stand up and be counted, someone who can take the talent we have and lead them to bigger and better things. When Vancouver approached us with a trade enquiry, I made it my number one priority to bring Mikko Koivu on board.

"He is the undoubted leader of our franchise. I have installed him as captain, and I am confident that he will lead us to an improved standing in the league this season. While the playoffs may seem some distance away, I nevertheless want to see Mikko and the other players doing their best to close that gap. I know he is the perfect choice to lead our team and I am very excited to welcome him aboard."

Other moves:

"With several open roster spots I needed to act fast. I am pleased to welcome Brian Gibbons, Denis Grebeshkov, Brad Boyes, Adam Pardy,Jordie Benn, Jeff Halpern, Stefan Noesen, Anders Lindback and Alan Quine to the Flyers. We're making progress here, and I am excited to see what these guys can bring to the table."

Departures:

"Obviously it's always sad when you trade a player. I would like to thank John Mitchell, Scott Laughton, Mike Matheson and JT Compher for their contributions to the Flyers, and I wish them well with their new teams.

Moving forward:

"I'm not done making moves. We're nearly there in terms of personnel, but there are 1 or 2 more moves I intend to make. After that, it's up to the players to get it done on the ice. A week ago this franchise was on a downward spiral - we're now heading in the right direction. I'm sure the fans will agree, this is a very exciting time to be a Flyers fan!"

New Philadelphia Flyers lines:

Mikkel Boedker - Mikko Koivu © - Cam Atkinson

Mikhail Grabovski - David Desharnais - Ales Hemsky

Brian Gibbons - Max Lapierre - Brad Boyes

Vaclav Prospal - Jerred Smithson - Shawn Thornton

TBC

Braydon Coburn - Travis Hamonic

Andrew Ference - Jordie Benn

Adam Pardy - Carlo Colaiacovo

Denis Grebeshkov

Ondrej Pavelec

Anders Lindback

Kevin Poulin

New Philadelphia Flyers lines:

Mikkel Boedker - Mikko Koivu © - Cam Atkinson

Mikhail Grabovski - David Desharnais - Ales Hemsky

Brian Gibbons - Max Lapierre - Brad Boyes

Vaclav Prospal - Jerred Smithson - Shawn Thornton

TBC

Braydon Coburn - Travis Hamonic

Andrew Ference - Jordie Benn

Adam Pardy - Carlo Colaiacovo

Denis Grebeshkov

Ondrej Pavelec

Anders Lindback

Kevin Poulin

A great start re-building the Flyers!

But yes, arby is right, only 2 goaltenders maximum. Lindback is in limbo while he waits for a roster spot, and if one isn't created by 6:24pm tonight, he will automatically go on waivers in order to be sent to the minors club.

Thanks to Primal for his eagle eye. Still new!

This was me placing Kevin Poulin on waivers but i had read the spreadsheets wrong and thought i had to waive Poulin...

Up to c2x to decide what to do, if Poulin is claimed then so be it.

If i win his rights by claim i will trade him to you for a large double double double (*that is a timms with two cream, two sugar and two ounces of baileys)

Archived