The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Panthers behind :shock:

On a side note, and this isn't a complaint or criticism (just a question), I sent two contract offers to agents on 14 April and one on 24 April. I've just assumed that these are under consideration and that they're still on the radar. Being the paranoid GM that I am, could someone please confirm that I'm right, and that these things just take some time? I'm really not complaining, I'm just slightly nervous!

On a side note, and this isn't a complaint or criticism (just a question), I sent two contract offers to agents on 14 April and one on 24 April. I've just assumed that these are under consideration and that they're still on the radar. Being the paranoid GM that I am, could someone please confirm that I'm right, and that these things just take some time? I'm really not complaining, I'm just slightly nervous!

Yep, I've had one in since the 19th, patience, lots of time to get them taken care of ;)

As always, this is a slow process... Everyone go take a Valium ;)

Yep, I've had one in since the 19th, patience, lots of time to get them taken care of ;)

As always, this is a slow process... Everyone go take a Valium ;)

Good to hear. Like I said, I wasn't complaining, I was just letting the paranoid side of my GM head type for a bit :)

hahahah ...its the same with me ...but i have became more patient in the past month

Good to hear. Like I said, I wasn't complaining, I was just letting the paranoid side of my GM head type for a bit :)

Still 2 months to get to them, no rush guys. Lots of time. Don't worry, you're not the only one that gets a little antsy this time of year.

The Winnipeg Jets are looking to make a few deals leading up to the draft! Details potentially available in the rumour mill!

that looks like a steal for PHX

Yeah - it could be.

One of those really hard players to figure out, was this year a flash in the pan, or the beginning of continued success?

Could be a great steal for years 2 & 3 or if there is regression, then could be a burden.

At the conclusion of the regular season, the 14 NHL teams not qualifying for the playoffs are entered in a weighted lottery to determine the initial draft picks in the first round, seeded according to regular season standing. The 30th-place team has the best chance of winning the lottery (25%) while the 29th-place team has a 18.8% chance of winning, with odds diminishing to a 0.5% chance for the 17th-place team. A single selection from the lottery pool is made, with the winning team improving its draft position to the number 1 spot, and no team dropping more than one place.

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results.[7] Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners are then sorted by points, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.[6]

For the record, our league in the past has never used this criteria regarding division winners being ranked after the final 4 playoff teams, we have always just gone with round of elimination in ascending order based on points. That will be how we do it for this season as well, as has been done in the past.

But, if you guys want to use division winners to determine draft rankings for next year, that's okay with me too. Either way is fine, I just don't want to flip the rules this close to the draft while we are determining the draft order.

Really happy with our first series win since i took over this team.

Last year we won our division but were beaten quite convincingly in the first round by Edmonton , it feels like the team has taken a step forward this year.

Thanks to the Jets for a great series , I am sure your team will bounce back next year.

Good luck to the Wild , i hope we have a really good second round battle.

Really happy with our first series win since i took over this team.

Last year we won our division but were beaten quite convincingly in the first round by Edmonton , it feels like the team has taken a step forward this year.

Thanks to the Jets for a great series , I am sure your team will bounce back next year.

Good luck to the Wild , i hope we have a really good second round battle.

Good luck in the series!

For the record, our league in the past has never used this criteria regarding division winners being ranked after the final 4 playoff teams, we have always just gone with round of elimination in ascending order based on points. That will be how we do it for this season as well, as has been done in the past.

But, if you guys want to use division winners to determine draft rankings for next year, that's okay with me too. Either way is fine, I just don't want to flip the rules this close to the draft while we are determining the draft order.

Sweet, I figured as much and just went with points from regular season for the 8 knocked out teams.

And for the record, I too was letting my paranoid side creep in ..i even asked around to make sure the Agents were still around CDC in general, haha.

Hey gang

My apologies, but I've been a ghost lately as my life has never been more hectic as it's been over the past few months. I apologize to all GM's who've had PM's sitting in my inbox and patiently awaited a reply, but I believe I've replied to all of the tonight.

Infant daughters apparently effect your sleep patterns and social life. Who knew? :P

Archived