The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Congrats Curt,

Both the Minister and I could fill in for the Commish and make it happen on Saturday and if that is not possible then I vote Monday.

Since many of us have made plans around the draft being on Saturday we should try to keep it on Saturday if can.

Not to sound like a kiss a$$ or anything but for all C2X does for the league this isn't an event he should be missing.

The 1st time it's really unlike anything you've ever experienced apparently.

The 2nd time you couldn't believe anything could equal the 1st time.

By the 3rd time you probably are just are missing sleep.

ARBY-BUZZ

Your Inside Source to all things CDCGML

Thursday, June 19, 2014

• Lots of noise coming out Anaheim today, and it's not just because they came to terms with UFA Patrick Hornqvist. It sounds like they've been active in the trade market as well, as sources suggest they've acquired the rights to a pending-UFA as well as a pair of veteran d-men...
  • Murmurs out of Edmonton suggest that they are quietly listening to offers on Patrick Marleau, despite the veteran centre having a no-movement clause. The rumoured return is apparently a top-6 winger and a solid prospect or a decent draft pick.
  • Word out of Buffalo suggests that Patrick Berglund and Marek Zidlicky are being made available for trade. Picks and prospects are apparently the asking price in return, though both could be packaged for a roster player upgrade.
  • Speaking of Buffalo, speculation out of a prominent club in the West is that the Sabres are pushing hard for one of their defenders but that the asking price is very high. Sources suggest that it's a 50/50 chance that they meet that steep demands.
  • Further to the rumoured deal we talked about yesterday about Philadelphia and the unnamed Western Conference team, it sounds like its coming together and may include as many as 5 or 6 players. Sources suggest it may be signed off on prior to the draft.
  • Still in Philly, it sounds like the Flyers have approached Ondrej Pavelec to waive his NTC to move to Western Conference team in a separate deal than the one above, and sources close to the Czech netminder believe that he is considering it.
  • Ville Leino was placed on unconditional waivers by the Flames for the purpose of a compliance buyout, but will he make it through unclaimed? Sources close to the situation don't believe so...

The 1st time it's really unlike anything you've ever experienced apparently.

The 2nd time you couldn't believe anything could equal the 1st time.

By the 3rd time you probably are just are missing sleep.

Hahahahahaha I meant the draft. But ya obviously the birth as well!

TRADE: The Ottawa Senators have made a trade with the Montreal Canadiens.

To OTT:

Devin Setoguchi

MTL 2014 2nd Round Draft Selection (38th overall)

To MTL:

Andy Greene

SIGNING: The Montreal Canadiens have signed defenseman Andy Greene to a three year deal.

Andy Greene: 3 years, $ 12.0 million dollar contract ( $ 4,000,000.00 per season ).

* deal includes a full no-movement-clause in year 1 of the contract.

The Habs are incredibly pleased to have put the finishing touches on this "trade-and-sign", as we were looking for a puck-moving defender to round-out our top-4 with Johnson, Burns and Brodie. Moving the 2nd-round pick was a difficult decision to make, but there is no way that the player drafted with that selection could help Montreal achieve its goals of making the playoffs in the tough Eastern Conference next season and we only moved it after getting permission to speak to and agreeing to terms with Greene.

With a glut of defenders now on the Montreal roster, expect GM _arby_18 to look to move out one of either Jamie McBain or Ladislav Smid.

Our current vote count for the draft is:

4: to keep in on Saturday

4: to push it back but it must before Friday. (those that chose this option should pick a day.)

Something to keep in mind that we cannot predict how Curt's week will go and if he can get away for 4-5 hours.. I would prefer if Curt could join us so we should vote on a specific day before Friday.

I'm kind of leaning towards keeping it on Saturday if people have already set their schedules around the draft, I know I did as well but some things came up so I'm good for whenever. Maybe push it back a bit? Probably best to set up a poll.

I am very easy: I don't even care if the real draft is held before ours. I would like our draft to be on a saturday or friday night so i can drink fairly well during it..hahaha....but whatever works.

Congrats to Curt and Jill and the university educated gentleman who will be at grad that night.

I am very easy: I don't even care if the real draft is held before ours. I would like our draft to be on a saturday or friday night so i can drink fairly well during it..hahaha....but whatever works.

Congrats to Curt and Jill and the university educated gentleman who will be at grad that night.

Having it after the IRL would suck imo.. one of the most fun things is seeing where your guys go.

Alright I should be honest, its a high school graduation. Thought I would sarcasticly hide my true age :P

Congrats to c2x and his family, wish you all the best.

I'm fine with almost anything, as long as it's after 5pm. Would prefer to get it done before Tuesday as I am heading out of town until Friday, but I'll go along with whatever the group decides.

Alright I should be honest, its a high school graduation. Thought I would sarcasticly hide my true age :P

Me and Gally and I presume Drouin are still in highschool.

You're not the youngest.

Archived