The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

hahaha...kessel and the stick vs. scott ...was like a little kid that tries to catch some apples from a tree :lol:

Was only Kessel and Scott for about 2 seconds. That first two handed slash was bad enough, but the second one when Scott is fighting two other Leafs and then coming up afterwards when Scott is tied up with another player and the linesman and spearing him like that was bush league garbage. I don't buy his 'I was the victim here' BS.

Yeah Phil Kessel's after game speech was catching my attention: He was saying, and it is mildly correct, that when a big goon wants to have a fist fight on the ice with a player, the fans and league EXPECT that player to engage and fight. Legally, the goon is attempting to commit assault, but the 'game' turns a bit of a blind eye to it, we all know the situation as fans...a star player should not be expected to take a beating from a goon. However, then I went to see the tape expecting to see Kessel defend himself by sweeping the skates out from under the goon and skating away to safety. I didn't see that. I saw two dangerous chops at the other guys legs and then a spear.

The point is still valid, as much as I love a good hockey fight...there should be no shame in not dropping the gloves during a GAME where you are paid millions to score on net....however the point is lost after the second chop and then stomped all over during the spearing. Sorry Phil, your back to being chosen last.

Was only Kessel and Scott for about 2 seconds. That first two handed slash was bad enough, but the second one when Scott is fighting two other Leafs and then coming up afterwards when Scott is tied up with another player and the linesman and spearing him like that was bush league garbage. I don't buy his 'I was the victim here' BS.

cowards are allways the victims...lol

If that retard Scott ever went after Daniel Sedin like that I would love to see Scott take as many slashes, and spears it takes to make him think twice about attacking a goal scorer in this league.... That wasnt in the heat of the moment...premeditated goon attack on a goal scorer. He should be suspended, and coach disciplined as well---absolute garbage.

^ yeah, that is where I have some consideration for Kessel's position on the ice at the moment. If the gifted players are not expected to fight, the not so gifted players fight among themselves, and we as fans cheer it on, where is the line where a genuinely non-fight oriented star like Kessel is left alone and doesn't feel like he needs a weapon to keep himself safe. This is almost the NHL version of stand your ground in some sense. The thing of it is that had Kessel whacked him and skated away, I would think nothing of his actions and totally think Scott should be tossed out of the league...but to hit him twice and then skate back over to spear him is over the top on Kessel's part.

Its a very hot topic, the goons limping into the NHL and beating on good decent players in order to keep a roster spot, but so is hitting someone with lumber. heh, this won't go away anytime soon as a topic, not with the NFL paying out 3/4 of a billion dollars to head injury victims of their sports past.

If that retard Scott ever went after Daniel Sedin like that I would love to see Scott take as many slashes, and spears it takes to make him think twice about attacking a goal scorer in this league.... That wasnt in the heat of the moment...premeditated goon attack on a goal scorer. He should be suspended, and coach disciplined as well---absolute garbage.

Oh absolutely, players like Scott don't belong in the league, that was garbage. But that doesn't excuse either slash from Kessel. And if Kessel is so afraid of going at it with Scott, why is he skating up to him after the fact and spearing him? That's like slapping an angry dog when it's chained up, and then complaining that it comes at you when it gets loose. Neither player is the victim here, they're both idiots.

Kessel: "He started it!"

I think the Canucks should pick up a bunch of Scott type players.... sick them on say....Patrick Kane, and toews etc in the playoffs... then if Kane or Toews respond with a suspendable action, we are golden.... we just need more idiots than the other team has. Now that is dirty pool....but what prevents this from happening--- probably the league coming down hard on teams, and guys like Scott... interesting subject....

Kessel: "He started it!"

I think the Canucks should pick up a bunch of Scott type players.... sick them on say....Patrick Kane, and toews etc in the playoffs... then if Kane or Toews respond with a suspendable action, we are golden.... we just need more idiots than the other team has. Now that is dirty pool....but what prevents this from happening--- probably the league coming down hard on teams, and guys like Scott... interesting subject....

Hmm..... worked for Boston....

:bigblush:

Hmm..... worked for Boston....

:bigblush:

True.... although our guys didnt get suspended for spearing or slashing back....we just hoped the league and refs would do their jobs. Maybe a 2 hander to someones melon will get the issue enough attention to consider change...

Eric Gryba suffered an undisclosed injury early at camp and he hasn't skated since. Coach Paul MacLean wouldn't say how long Gryba would be sidelined for, but he did say that the team is looking for another defenseman to step up to play a depth role. "I'm not going to say (how long Gryba will be out), but I do know one man's injury is another man's opportunity, and that hasn't changed since the start of organized sport," MacLean said. "If somebody's out, somebody has to take his place, and that's an opportunity for someone." Mark Borowiecki or prospect Cody Ceci could be in the running to start the year with Ottawa if Gryba's ailment lingers into the regular season.

ouch

good we have boro and gelinas who could jump in and prout is also ready

Does that sound like I want Hockey to turn into soccer...(ahem...futeball)... Dont get me wrong, I love tough hockey... and watching Forsberg fight through all that crap year after year was absolutely one of my favorite things I've ever seen... would have been nice if he could have dazzled us with his magic for another 5+ years though... He was one mean mofo that didn't take any crap... and paid for it

Archived