The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

The St. Louis Blues have signed veteran forward Brenden Morrow to a one-year contract worth $1.5 million, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Morrow was an unrestricted free agent after finishing last season with the Pittsburgh Penguins. He spent the first 12-plus seasons of his career with the Dallas Stars and was the captain from 2006 until he was traded to Pittsburgh in March.

In St. Louis, Morrow will be reunited with his former coach and general manager from Dallas.

Blues coach Ken Hitchcock was the coach in Dallas when Morrow broke into the NHL in 1999. They were together until Hitchcock was fired midway through the 2001-02 season. Armstrong was the general manager in Dallas from Jan. 25, 2002 through Nov. 13, 2007.

Morrow had 25 points in 44 games combined between Dallas and Pittsburgh last season. He has 542 points in 850 career regular-season games and 46 points in 92 career Stanley Cup Playoff games.

well i pay him 2 million more here in the league but this was my risk

i m sure he will doing well in st.louis(lol) and my active roster is completely signed IRL yet.

the only questions are bergenheim and the bottom lines / 3rd/extra d-pairing for the opening night :)

Archived