The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Wow, Florida has one advantage now, and it is a good one: the Hawks. 7 of the nine remaining players in the Florida camp are Hawks, should our Florida make the finals and not the NHL Hawks, it is going to be a wild wild finish. There is also a chance that Mike's Devils shut down those same players this round, it will be interesting to watch this play out!

Over at the Memorial Cup, Nick Ebert looks to add to his hot start tonight at 4pm Pacific time as his Guelph Storm take on the Q Champs, Val'D'Or.

Nick was one of the six players to start to the first game for Guelph, an honour he quickly proved worthy of, scoring two assists and staying plus 2 with no penalty minutes against the Edmonton Oil Kings (while earning second game star honours)

We are proud of Nick and can't wait to see how the Storm do in their second of 3 round robin games.

EDIT: hahaha...ironically, two former NYR's picks are also taking starring roles at the Memorial Cup, but sometimes hard decisions need to be made. We moved from 7th worst to 7th best partly due to those tough decisions. I would do it again ; )

We ain`t goin nowhere.

We just hanging out, waitin for ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yd4GG3bed0

100% because of the commitment from C2X. When are you making a comeback?

I think I am going to try and become a regular on CDC again before I throw my hat in the ring for a GM position (If there are even any positions open atm).

Watched the first period of Guelph vs Val D'Or...WOW. Nick Ebert is outstanding on the transition and plays both ends very well for his age. One assist and plus 2 after one. That is how you play Dee boys and girls. Stick on the ice, feet moving, always involved.

As much as Florida is tied to the fate of Chicago, L.A is tied to the eastern conference finals with all three of the Kings players appearing only in the Montreal - New York series. the 4 players with our Minnesota Wild are spread to 3 teams still playing in the NHL's playoffs while the Devils hold Kopitar out west and two Hawks. I suspect the rest of the playoff points will be like watching a slinky move along...one team will move, then the next and the next and the next as our series progresses down. Still fun to watch, mostly in anticipation of a big night for anyone, which would change the context of the Finals dramatically!

Conference Finals!

standingsWestern.png

20 small.png vs small.png 7

standingsEastern.png

48 small.png vs small.png 9

Signing: The Pittsburgh Penguins have singed pending-RFA Steven Stamkos to an 8-year deal.

Steven Stamkos - 8-year deal worth $70.0 million dollars ($8.75 million per season).

*** Deal includes Modified No-Trade Clause - Years 4-5 can be traded to a list of 12 teams provided at the beginning of the year, while in Years 6-8 he can only be traded to a team in top-10 of the standings as of the 1st day of each month ***

Signing: The Pittsburgh Penguins have singed pending-RFA Steven Stamkos to an 8-year deal.

Steven Stamkos - 8-year deal worth $70.0 million dollars ($8.75 million per season).

*** Deal includes Modified No-Trade Clause - Years 4-5 can be traded to a list of 12 teams provided at the beginning of the year, while in Years 6-8 he can only be traded to a team in top-10 of the standings as of the 1st day of each month ***

Pittsburgh VERY lucky, I know at least 3 teams with offer sheets ready north of $10M for him.

EDIT: Pittsburgh lucky again, just BARELY fit this contract under the 10% cap overage rule.

Archived