The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Where was the game today because some flames fan was talking about how he was invisible all game but got second star because he's a Canuck prospect. Idk why they care but that's pretty funny.

The game was in Kamloops. Lots of Calgary natives there.

So funny that they want him to fail because they know it was a mistake to pass on him.

I hope so, with him his career will most likely be top 6 or bust. If he's not creating offense he's not providing much of anything else.

That's why with him being in his 4th season of junior and not lightning it up will be a red flag for me

Actually he's a very good player away from the puck. He's a tenacious forechecker, and likes to mix it up.

He's already proven that he can light it up in the WHL, that's not an issue. Right now he's captaining the second best team in the WHL with a shot at a memorial cup, and will likely be playing for team Canada at the World Juniors. He'll be fine.

I hope so, with him his career will most likely be top 6 or bust. If he's not creating offense he's not providing much of anything else.

That's why with him being in his 4th season of junior and not lightning it up will be a red flag for me

lol calling him a bust and the kid hasn't even played a single game in the NHL... You know you're knowledgeable person when.

lol calling him a bust and the kid hasn't even played a single game in the NHL... You know you're knowledgeable person when.

Canucks fans are notorious for jumping the gun on calling players busts.

Shinkaruk has already shown he can score at the NHL level, even if it was just preseason.

That's one of the best goalies in the world and he sniped him.

Canucks fans are notorious for jumping the gun on calling players busts.

Shinkaruk has already shown he can score at the NHL level, even if it was just preseason.

That's one of the best goalies in the world and he sniped him.

It's funny because I was just going over some of his highlights from preseason and thinking to my self, " wow are people really calling this kid out already ". People are being hard on him, wait till he's in the NHL to give your useless criticisms like "bust" and what not.

Don't assume hes nhl ready, if Hunter dominates in the WHL because Micheal Backlund dominated in the WHL and now he's struggling to find his game in the NHL.

Backlund only has 30 career games in the WHL as a 19 year old and only put up a point per game.

Shinkaruk put up 91 points as a 16 year old.

Backlund isn't on Shinkaruk's level.

The game was in Kamloops. Lots of Calgary natives there.

So funny that they want him to fail because they know it was a mistake to pass on him.

Are Canucks fans no different? Look at how the vast majority of Canucks fans want Nichushkin to fail.

Ya Daniel is no sniper

:picard:

He's not. Daniel was never really a sniper, he passes off on far too many shots to be considered a sniper. He's more of a creator with finish. Just cause he's a better finisher then Henrik, doesn't make him a sniper. Don't get me wrong though, he's got one hell of an accurate shot, he just chooses not to use it. Ovechkin, Tavares, Stamkos are snipers, Daniel on the other is not in that league of shooters.

Shinkaruk isn't a sniper either imo. He's a lot like Patrick Kane in the sense that he creates plays and creates scoring chances, but has the ability to finish the play as well. He likes the puck on his stick. But that's just my take on Shinkaruk, I haven't seen enough of him to be sure about what kind of player he is.

Backlund only has 30 career games in the WHL as a 19 year old and only put up a point per game.

Shinkaruk put up 91 points as a 16 year old.

Backlund isn't on Shinkaruk's level.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument. :lol:

It should also be noted that Backlund played on a stacked rockets team that had Myers, Benn, and Barrie.

Archived