The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo - Next Steps

Sundin

Back in April 2012 on this forum I said it is still likely Luongo stays and Schneider goes. People freaked out and laughed. Including Bunbun aka spiderman, merci, smurf47 and a few others. Funny how things change over time and I wanted to pull up some of those posts to hold people accountable but looks like I can only go back to July 2012.

Back in April 2012 on this forum I said it is still likely Luongo stays and Schneider goes. People freaked out and laughed. Including Bunbun aka spiderman, merci, smurf47 and a few others. Funny how things change over time and I wanted to pull up some of those posts to hold people accountable but looks like I can only go back to July 2012.

Lou has limited options..report to the Canucks or decide not to . Lou wants to play and be #1 so its not a stretch to believe he will return to Vancouver. That being said, one would have to think his relationship with MG has soured big time and left a bad taste in his mouth.

Mg has screwed with team chemistry over the last 2 seasons and has shown gross incompetence and blames the CBA etc for his woes. Well he circumvented the old CBA and has not taken any responsibility on himself for any of the gaffs he's made. He reeks of arrogance and is far too condescending in his interviews. We can only hope the ownership sees through his ineptness and fires the idiot.

Having a meeting of team executives at the 11th hour and STARt shopping Schneider because MG finally got the message that he wasn;t getting anything for Lou and that he had been asking too much, clearly indicates a lack of understanding and preparedness on his part. To not have a plan B in place shows how poor our GM is.

He has done nothing to improve this team in the here and now.

Meanwhile, we have the same team we had for the last 2 years but they are older and more fragile now. Torts isn't gonna change the weak chemistry and mental toughness of this group by himself.

I seriously hope Lu tells the canucks to stick it straight up theie collective arses, including all the flipflopping superfans on this board, you don't deserve a winner in Vancouver.

It kinda went like this....

Will anyone take Lou? How about for free? No? Ownership will you buy him out? No?

Lou welcome back you the best goalie in the world ... Cough ... Cough.... Someone get me a drink.... Lou you lead me to a cup, sorry you can lead us to a cup.

Schneids played 60% of the games last season.

"I think we're getting a goaltender not only of the present, but of the future," Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "Marty is at a point where he can't play the way he played, as far as the number of games he's played.

"This young man (Schneider, 27) has proven to be a No. 1 goaltender. I've spoken with him and he's just as excited to come here and work with Marty."

Schneids played 60% of the games last season.

"I think we're getting a goaltender not only of the present, but of the future," Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "Marty is at a point where he can't play the way he played, as far as the number of games he's played.

"This young man (Schneider, 27) has proven to be a No. 1 goaltender. I've spoken with him and he's just as excited to come here and work with Marty."

Archived