The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo - Next Steps

Sundin

Meanwhile, we have the same team we had for the last 2 years but they are older and more fragile now. Torts isn't gonna change the weak chemistry and mental toughness of this group by himself.

I seriously hope Lu tells the canucks to stick it straight up theie collective arses, including all the flipflopping superfans on this board, you don't deserve a winner in Vancouver.

Are you really going to base everything on Schneiders limited playing time and limited career? He played one season as a starter and still not really a full season compared to other starting goal tenders. It's way too early to judge and even if it weren't last season wasn't exactly 'spectacular'. Schneider was even given the run of the playoffs and that didn't quite work out did it? Once Schneider establishes himself as a starter then talk to me. Next year he starts as a backup.

I just hope all these guys learn a valuable lesson. Long term deals are always bad ideas. As MG always says "The landscape is constantly changing"

I bet they wished the league overruled the contract when they examined both Lu's and Kovalchuks LTC.

With Lack coming up, we could very well have Luongo vs Eager Backup part 2. So I hope management and ownership learn from this experience.

It kinda went like this....

Will anyone take Lou? How about for free? No? Ownership will you buy him out? No?

Lou welcome back you the best goalie in the world ... Cough ... Cough.... Someone get me a drink.... Lou you lead me to a cup, sorry you can lead us to a cup.

None of this happens if the CBA isn't written to penalize contracts that were legal under the last CBA. The reason this whole "controversy" happened was because this is a corrupt league. A few owners and GMs had the power to push through a clause that forced us to keep a guaranteed contract but made that contract a curse. No renegotiating was allowed and no grandfathering in was done. That's all you need to know about how big a role politics plays in this league and how badly a single decision can damage a team.

Nino give me a break... your comments are so weak.

First you say "no way, you're an idiot... lui will b traded... gillis has made it clear... lui is gone etc etc..."

Now u come up with other dumb excuses? You're sad.

Luongo is better.

Cory 1 playoff win. 1 playoff panic attack.

Archived