The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo - Next Steps

Sundin

As I discussed in my "Plan B - Trade Schneider", we had to trade him to get assets and avoid a buyout for Lou (if you were the owner, would you write the cheque?).

I'm just disappointed that we got just a 1st (9th overall) pick for Schneider. Someone posted that we could have traded with Philly and asked for Couturier and their 1st (11th) ... debatable and perhaps Bo Horvat would still be available at #11.

Going forward (a MG term), to mend the fences with Luongo:

1. Owner has flown to Florida - DONE

2. MG has to contact him

3. Torts has to remind Luo about his tweet "play for free if allowed to be at a Torts presser" (JK) ... more importantly to sell Luongo that he is Tort's guy ... as it was AV who went with Schneids.

** 4. (MOST IMPORTANTLY) - Fire Melanson and HIRE FRANCOIS ALLAIRE as the goaltender coach ** - Every summer Luongo works with FA, so why not hire the guy!

Do it MG!

Aqua man: Knock Knock, Hey Roberto its Francesco, open up I'm in town want to take you for a pizza pie!

Roberto : Hold on coming...opens door. Hey what are you doing here? I thought we're done there boss.

Aqua man: Well about the Roberto, umm, in about 2 seconds we're trading Corey to New Jersey

Roberto: oh really? wow...well that's nice, umm...did you think you're not going to need a goalie this year?

Aqua man: Umm Roberto, we figured you'd be happy to be starting and have your crease back?

Roberto: Enjoy your pizza, shuts the door

How many times do you think a professional athlete experiences a setback? Most never reach the top of their sport. I highly doubt Lou wears his heart on his sleeve like many on here seem to think. Do people seriously think his contract becomes more tradeable if he refuses to report in October? Give your heads a shake. Lou will refocus and come ready to play this fall.

The truly bizarre Canuck experience will be Lou's first poor outing. All those who lobbied for keeping him will start to pine for Schneider and the beat will go on. The irony of it all will escape most.

How many times do you think a professional athlete experiences a setback? Most never reach the top of their sport. I highly doubt Lou wears his heart on his sleeve like many on here seem to think. Do people seriously think his contract becomes more tradeable if he refuses to report in October? Give your heads a shake. Lou will refocus and come ready to play this fall.

The truly bizarre Canuck experience will be Lou's first poor outing. All those who lobbied for keeping him will start to pine for Schneider and the beat will go on. The irony of it all will escape most.

i dont think the fans will get on Lu after a terrible outing because we dont have a better goalie on the bench...us fans just want the best possible team on the ice and going forward ... and now because of gillis Lu is undisputed #1

As I discussed in my "Plan B - Trade Schneider", we had to trade him to get assets and avoid a buyout for Lou (if you were the owner, would you write the cheque?).

I'm just disappointed that we got just a 1st (9th overall) pick for Schneider. Someone posted that we could have traded with Philly and asked for Couturier and their 1st (11th) ... debatable and perhaps Bo Horvat would still be available at #11.

Going forward (a MG term), to mend the fences with Luongo:

1. Owner has flown to Florida - DONE

2. MG has to contact him

3. Torts has to remind Luo about his tweet "play for free if allowed to be at a Torts presser" (JK) ... more importantly to sell Luongo that he is Tort's guy ... as it was AV who went with Schneids.

** 4. (MOST IMPORTANTLY) - Fire Melanson and HIRE FRANCOIS ALLAIRE as the goaltender coach ** - Every summer Luongo works with FA, so why not hire the guy!

Do it MG!

No trade available for MG so what to do

Jump in a time machine and accept what offer he may have had last summer

Buy Lou out, pay the 27 Mil and be happy with pick #24 & 5.3 mil cap relief

Trade Schneids for the best possible deal.

Hindsight is great and MG miscalculated the market badly. What seemed obvious to most didn't sink into his scull until he was up against the wall. This years draft had better quality & quantity than last years and when all is said and done we have far better potential today than yesterday. I think he drafted well (I would've take Nicushkin) and we look far better in the prospect department.

If I'm Aquallini I'd give MG his walking papers now. You pay big bucks to a GM not to screw up and this has cost the team far too much. Harsh but that's the world of high end management. With AV & MG gone the slate is clean and ready for a new start, both for the team and especially Lou.

The team loves Lou, seems the fans have a new appreciation for him as well.

Just so you know. When someone posts we could have gotten something like couturier and a first. They are actually just a Canucks fan sitting at a computer. They do not work for the flyers or know holmgren personally.

Don't you think if that was on the table we would have taken it?

Archived