The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to expect out of Kassian next season?

Canuckler87

If he wants to show he is a Power Forward eager for top 6 minutes, he'll need to show Torts he has what it takes for a larger role. Time for him to bring a physical game, battling for loose pucks in the corner and driving to the net.

His demotion to the 3rd, then 4th lines were not warranted and his work ethic took a toll from that. However, he has a clean slate with a new coach so it is ultimately up to him. Sending him down to the minors isn't quite an option anymore given his "status" as "the one who Cody was traded for" (and no I am not opening that can of worms again) so I hope he can make an impact.

I expect he would like to hit the 15+ goal mark and 20+ assist mark (points total around 35-40).

He'll probably start the season on the 2nd line, but if he doesn't step his game up under Torts' new system- he will find himself back on 4th line duties and Higgs will take his spot on the 2nd beside Kes and Booth. I really hope we can sign Clowe some how though, he would be a perfect fit on our 2nd line. ^_^

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Clowe - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Steckel/Gordon - Hansen

Sestito - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Corrado

Garrison - Tanev

Luongo

Eriksson/Lack

Looks pretty sturdy, hope to see some moves soon! :P

Going to need good balance on the lines up against the Sharks, Kings and Ducks. Who all have big forwards.

Put him with the Sedins for A LONG TIME. Let them work it out, there will be kinks.

Booth - Kes - Burr

Higgins - Lol - Hansen

If there is no money, and no one decentfor the 3C on the trade/FA market, give it to the best at Camp of Gaunce, Lain, Shroeder, Hunter etc.

Man that Higgins contract looks like crap right now. It is no wonder why the guy bounced all over the place until he was on one year deals and to bust his azz to stay in the league. He is kinda taking Jensen's spot...no?

Then the hodgepodge of the completely useless 4th line...what a pile of non contributing fringe AHLers

Kassian just needs to play a constant physical role, so even if he isn't producing offensively, he is contributing in what is suited for him. I do not want him stuck learning a 4th line role because that's not what he is, but if he is there, he just needs to keep hitting everyone in sight.

I expect 15 goals and 30 points, you people are dreaming if you think he gets 40-50 points. That's 2nd-almost first line production. Unless he's stuck with the Sedins and Torts has zero regard for their defensive game and blunders..(not happening)

Kassian played great with the Sedins and Mr Gant decided to screw with the chemistry by taking him off that line and inserting Burr. Strange move as it tells a young kid you are not good enough to play with them because they need Burrows to get them going. Kass gets kicked around on different lines and cant even fart on the ice without Vignault benching him. Finally he gets something going with Booth and it looks real good until booth goes down and that is with nobody playing center with him and Booth. Next year under Torts I would like to see Booth/ Gaunce / Kassian or insert Horvat as center. Big line and introducing a young good 2 way center with Kass keeping the rats in the league off him. Or get Clowe and have a line of Clowe / Gaunce-Horvat / Kassian, nobody in the league going to F with these kids.

Defining season for him.. after this no more EL contract and he is probably Steve Bernier reincarnate..

Would like to see 10 goals, 10 assists and a bigger factor of being 'strong on the puck'.

Archived