The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brazilian singer shot and killed onstage during concert

HTania

So someone at works says i got to check out this vid. It was in Spanish and about 45s into I said 'man this guy is terrible, who is this?' Then bang, shot and killed on stage.

RIP I guess, no reason for someone to die. Not a fan of that music though and whatever he said at :34s had something to do with 'your gonna die, or your next?' Anyone know what that means?

Well, it's not exactly that.

A large percentage of Brazil's population does not even want the World Cup or the Olympics.  The government is spending millions upon millions (if I'm not mistaken, possibly billions) on new infrastructure and facilities for the Cup and the Olympics while the majority of the country is poor and crime runs rampant, and social programs are in disarray.

The people are angry that the government is wasting their tax dollars on "putting on a show" for the world when the money would be better spent fixing all the issues that the country has.

This is as far as I understand it, from talking to friends from Brazil.

Well, it's not exactly that.

A large percentage of Brazil's population does not even want the World Cup or the Olympics.  The government is spending millions upon millions (if I'm not mistaken, possibly billions) on new infrastructure and facilities for the Cup and the Olympics while the majority of the country is poor and crime runs rampant, and social programs are in disarray.

The people are angry that the government is wasting their tax dollars on "putting on a show" for the world when the money would be better spent fixing all the issues that the country has.

This is as far as I understand it, from talking to friends from Brazil.

Archived