The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Prospect Camp Live Scrimmage Thursday - 3:30 PM

Gaunce looks the most ready to jump up, Horvat apparently was always tired, and McEneny looked way better than I expected.

Obviously Tommerenes and Corrado were the best D pairing and it showed in their poise.

Jensen is a bit of a puck hog, but that's what's made him successful so I guess he's not going to change that, hopefully it will translate effectively to the NHL soon.

I wouldn't look to much into how our top prospects played. Nobody was really bringing it there, and why should they?

The real test comes in the prospect tourney and the main camp for these guys.

That's where some of these guys can showcase their real abilities. This setting is too tame for the physical guys to really show their stuff. I'm excited to see that at the Young Stars tournament.

Things I noticed during scrims:

Horvat, Jensen and Shinkaruk are all guys not afraid to try to make a move or speed to take defenders wide to try to beat them and aren't afraid to shoot the puck. Jensen is more likely to cut into the middle of the ice above the hash marks while Shinkaruk and Horvat will go as low as the dots to cut in. Shin and Horvat use there speed well and a couple times mixed up their speed to throw off defenders.

Shin and Horvat look to be developing some nice chemistry as the game went one.

Corrado just being Corrado.

Tommernes was real good on both ends of the ice. In the O zone, he could see he wanted the puck on several occasions when he saw there was traffic in front. I also noticed he likes to try to get to the middle of the ice to wire his shot, not afraid to jump into the play but is solid positional on defense.

McEneny was just all round solid. Didn't see an issues with his skating stride.

Gaunce was strong on the boards and made some really nice passes. Wonder if all his time on LW has anything to do with it. Didn't see him win too many faceoff. His skating is not an issue anymore. He's made huge improvements in the area Imo.

Jensen, felt he floated in the first half not being really involved but he came on in the second. He was all over the offensive zone.

Not sure if it was Mallet or Grenier but whoever it was surprised me with his ability with the puck and stick handle. Skates really well for a guy his size and protects the puck well. I wasn't too impressed with his passing ability. Didn't feel like I saw him make any good passes, even short passes to a guy 2ft from him

I only watched Indrasis in the 2nd half, I thought he had a solid 2nd half. I want to see him with more of our skilled prospects to see what he can do. He played with some grinders but in a scrimmage, that type of line can't really show their strengths

I didn't notice to many other guys because it's hard without the name bars. I'll probably rewatch it later to see how other guys did.

It's just a scrim, so don't take too much stock into anything

Archived