The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So BIGGER, STRONGER and YOUNGER =

GM Fantasy Guru

If you EVER said that to my daughter who has Down Syndrome I would see to it that you NEVER had the chance to say another hurtful word again. This word shows just how much of a gutless, narrowminded, bigot a person can be. The "R" word is just as bad as using other derogatory words towards groups of people who are different than you. The language in this entire thread has literally made me sick to my stomach.

And he mentored the Sedins and Kesler arguably helping them to become Selke, Art Ross, Hart and Presidents trophy winners and make it to game 7 of the finals in 2011.

Those were the positives of that move. What were the negatives?

When you come out and tell the fans at the end of the season that you are going to get bigger younger and tougher that means in comparison to what you already are. Since we already had those guys, how has our roster gotten bigger and younger since the season's end? We haven't.

Don't tell us something and do the opposite, that's my point. I'm not against his signings, I'm against his BS.

That's like ur boss at the end of the year guaranteeing you a raise and not delivering on it. It just keeps you holding on hoping one day you'll get it. It's better if he just kept his mouth shut, but he's a desperate GM trying to save his job and telling the fans what they want to hear.

Another generic 'the sky is falling" thread.

They start to get repetitive.

Bottom line is, Gillis has been GM over the most successful period in franchise history.

NM individual decisions, look at overall results & it's indisputable that he has been successful.

Five division titles.

In the very top group of the league in wins & playoff games played.

The franchise has become a money making machine.

The franchise value has increased a ton.

Longest sellout streak the teams ever had, merchandise sales off the charts.

An owner would have to be nuts to fire a GM who has done this for his franchise.

Don't hold your breath.

Most of us/all of us would never refer to a gifted person as 'retarded' .

I would think that the posters here understand the difference between a gifted child and a CDC poster displaying hockey nonsense.

Younger folks may have grown up with the term in a negative sense but older folks know the word as a common word without a negative reference to a gifted person.

'Retarded' is an english word that was in use long before gifted people were labelled with it in a derogatory fashion in this particular society.

re·tard 1 (ribreve.gif-tärdprime.gif)

v. re·tard·ed, re·tard·ing, re·tards

v.tr.

To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede.

v.intr.

To be delayed.

n.

Slang: Disparaging.

a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.

Origin:

1480–90; < Latin retardāre to delay, protract, equivalent to re- re- + tardāre to loiter, be slow, derivative of tardus slow; see tardy

Yeah and when people call someone gay they mean they're happy and the N word just means black.

Blow the smoke up your own arse if you have to blow it please. For people who are developmentally delayed the word is just as bad as using gay as a pejorative or dropping the N bomb is. It may not be your intention to hurt but if not your ignorance certainly does.

Archived