The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So BIGGER, STRONGER and YOUNGER =

GM Fantasy Guru

You guys have to get used to the idea that Gillis is lying through his teeth every time he speaks. He has screwed this team up and it will be at least two years before it recovers so don't get your hopes up.

It's amazing how long it is taking the razor sharp minds on here to realise that. You have to wonder how long some people are going to be duped by this man.

The tragedy is that not only has he done some good things here ............but if he actually focussed on achieving what he tells us the team needs, instead of getting sidetracked we would not be in this mess.

It's amazing how long it is taking the razor sharp minds on here to realise that. You have to wonder how long some people are going to be duped by this man.

The tragedy is that not only has he done some good things here ............but if he actually focussed on achieving what he tells us the team needs, instead of getting sidetracked we would not be in this mess.

Guest Cuporbust2

Yes. They're signings for the purpose of improving your depth. They will be depth players. They are depth signings

yes

and no

maybe so

or you can just not worry too much about it

a team is defined by the players it has and their skill level. would you take a Gretzky over a Lindros? How about a Kane over a Lucic? At least you have to see that skill level plays a part and Kane is a valuable player.

No point in having a great big team that never wins any games (remember the canucks of the 70s and 80s? - I remember the 80s anyways, and it was pathetic...)

Teams get opportunities to get certain players, and if the dice fall the small but skilled way, you have to follow through. This team cannot just change to a version of the Boston Bruins overnight - and I think that is a mistake anyways. But if MG is a meat-head then ya he should just get players who are tough.

so take your big strong men and take your ball home, or whatever you want to do if you won't support the team.

Posted · Hidden by Captain Bob, July 12, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Captain Bob, July 12, 2013 - No reason given

A) I'm tighter than you. Deal with it. B) Comparing the history of the N word to the word retard is silly. C) Calling someone slow is an insult. D) Batman doesn't even have super powers. Thor would crush him.

Posted · Hidden by Captain Bob, July 12, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Captain Bob, July 12, 2013 - No reason given

A) I'm tighter than you. Deal with it. B) Comparing the history of the N word to the word retard is silly. C) Calling someone slow is an insult. D) Batman doesn't even have super powers. Thor would crush him.

Richardson might help the team. I am willing to believe that he is a slight upgrade over Lappy.

But the other "depth" signings are disappointing, and now we can add Benn Ferriero (5' 11" and 185 lbs) and a career -23 in the AHL to the list. Apparently Torts liked him when he played 4 games for the Rangers at one point.

I realize that most of these guys will play on the Comets but still it is hard to see these guys even doing much at the AHL level, let alone being legitimate prospects to help Canucks at some point.

It is hard to see any coherent plan emerging. I suppose that at least these guys are cheap. It looks to me like saving money has become a bit part of the Canuck agenda.

Archived