The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Kassian fit?

BlueLemming

Why would they do that and where did I suggest that at all?

I mean Weise is most certainly a guy who played mostly on the 4th line and his ice time was anywhere between 6 and 14 minutes a game last season. Do you watch hockey?

Ok agree. I've stated nummerous times that he is the ultimate 3rd liner, but to put him on 4th line duties would be stupid (unless injury dictates otherwise). Forget my other post. It was in before I saw you reply. cheers

It depends on how the team is set up. Some teams role a 4th line as if it's a 3rd. Torts did that at times in New York. If a team has the depth to do it it Gives them a scoring line, a secondary scoring line and basically two 3rd lines.4th line is just a label, it doesn't mean there are guaranteed only a few minutes a game.

I'd love to see a bottom 6 of Higgins - Scroeder - Richarson / Lain - Santorelli - Hansen with both lines getting between 10 and 14 minutes a game.

Ok, not too sure how it would work... Higgins, Hansen and Schroeder don't fight and don't know if either of the others are capable of doing that part. Think you need someone in there, who are willing to drop the gloves if the call comes.

Yeah Lain doesn't really fight much even if he makes it. Weise will but isn't really imposing at all. For that role I guess the team really does kind of need Sestito on the 4th. Kassian will fight and he's quite good at it but I think he'll be playing more or a top 6 role this season. If not though maybe punch him in on the 3rd or 4th and let me punch people in the face.

Yeah Lain doesn't really fight much even if he makes it. Weise will but isn't really imposing at all. For that role I guess the team really does kind of need Sestito on the 4th. Kassian will fight and he's quite good at it but I think he'll be playing more or a top 6 role this season. If not though maybe punch him in on the 3rd or 4th and let me punch people in the face.

Richardson can play wing so that line is viable.

I think Hansen can play second line wing and he is more a second than a fourth.

Unfortunately,Kassian has no role so if they are going to keep him he needs to go on the third line or go back to the A.

Schroeder has the speed and skill level to play top 6 so he could develo into the second line winger.

Yeah, i am echoing other peoples thoughts here but for me it is logical to think of the Sedins as a pair, Burr and Kes as a pair and Higgins and Hansen as a pair

Sedin Sedin ????

??? KES BURR

Higgins ??? Hansen

I think its pretty self evident that Kassian, Booth and Gaunce (or another prospect center: schroeder?) will fill those three question marks.

Fourth line? Richardson for sure, Sestito is on a one way and Weisse, i wonder though who will be the extra dude? Santorelli? Jensen, imo, deserves a shot, dunno, but really the question will be Kassian as the OP asks...I think try him with the twins, but he could land on any of the three lines..if they give Hansen a shot at 2nd line and leave burr on the top?

Hansen has paid his dues .

Kassian has played 56 games as a Canuck.

Hansen is going into his eighth year and yet was a last round ,287th pick.

Kassian has pretty much not met expectations here but is propped up as he signifies a Gillis failure.

Schroeder has skills for a top six role.Kassian can`t even skate well enough or understand that he has to play a two way game.

Until he matures or becomes a better player for the team`s success he will continue to be slotted in where he belongs.

Hansen has paid his dues .

Kassian has played 56 games as a Canuck.

Hansen is going into his eighth year and yet was a last round ,287th pick.

Kassian has pretty much not met expectations here but is propped up as he signifies a Gillis failure.

Schroeder has skills for a top six role.Kassian can`t even skate well enough or understand that he has to play a two way game.

Until he matures or becomes a better player for the team`s success he will continue to be slotted in where he belongs.

I like Hanson, but I don't care how many dues he's paid, he's not a fist liner, and has shown hands of stone. If all of sudden he started scoring goals, by all means give him a spell on the first line. He's very good energy player, and I like him on the third line. Kassain has more skill, and is not that slow, and could easily skate with the Sedins. I'm sure Tort's will give Kassian a longer look on the first line than AV did, but Kassain will have to prove he can deliver, and show enough in training camp to get that chance. The second line will be interesting and will depend on Booth, staying in the line up and producing. I like Kesler and Burrows chemistry, Kesler wouldn't pass the puck when he played with Booth and Raymond etc, Burrows won't let him get away with that. Raymond and Booth wouldn't pass the puck either. If Kassain doesn't make the first line then he could slot in with Kesler and Borrows. Unless one of the prospects has a huge camp. I've haven't seen Schroeder do anything that would make me think he will make the roster, and believe Jenson, and Gaunce have a better chance with equal talent and more size.

Archived