The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

defining moments in Canucks history

whytelight

Guest Pinchin

One of my least favorite defining moments was game 6 in 94 when Linden was on his knees crawling to the bench and Messier decided he should crosscheck Linden in the side of the head. Of course back then Mark Messier could do no wrong, it was then I realized, life is not fair. This is also why I HATE Mark Messier so passionately.

When the Vancouver Canucks and Buffalo Sabres joined the NHL in 1970, the league used a spinning wheel to determine which team would receive the first overall pick. The Canucks lost the spin, Buffalo got Gilbert Perreault and the Canucks were stuck with Dale Tallon.

History was made.

Guest Pinchin

I don`t think fans of this club should be blaming the media for anything after the events following both game 7 affairs in this franchise`s history.

Had maclean not made that save it would have been devastating ...

However had luongo not made the save on sharp then wnw would have become the laughing stock of the league for the next 20 years.

President trophy champs losing a 3-0 lead to their most bitter rival after the team decided not to play hockey on the powerplay that coulda ended the game but instead toews scores a Shorty.

Great save by maclean but luongos was far more defining if u ask me.

Archived