The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Create your ideal second line for creativity and offensive upside

Westcoast_Ivey

Its Kesler, not Kessler. i hate how people misspell his name constantly. your either a leafs fan or not a big canucks fan.

as for the 2nd line

Booth(If healthy)-Kesler-Schroeder

Schroeder has the playmaking abilities to set up shoot first players like Booth and Kesler. If used correctly he can be very effective (correctly as in giving him time to settle in)

If Booth isnt healthy Higgins can slot into the 2nd line wing. He showed chemistry with Kesler before he go injured

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder

Kassian-Gaunce/Santorelli-Hansen

Higgins-Richardson-Weise

Steve Kariya was a great skater. How'd that work out? Cassels was probably the best overall at the prospects tourney but he also played in every game. Jensen was also very good. But the prospects tourney isn't playing against NHL veterans, it's against other kids.

Of Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Cassels, Tommernes, Andersson, Subban, Jensen is the only one with any amount of experience playing pro against men. That gives him a distinct edge and I see him as the only prospect with an outside chance of making the opening roster. Also Schroeder (not at the prospects camp and that should be a clue) is the only guy with any amount of NHL experience. Again, that's a distinct edge. With his one way contract and waiver eligibility, that 3c spot is his to lose and I doubt he will.

Sedin Sedin Burrows Now the Canucks are paying Alex 4.5 mil a year he should play with the Sedins to get the most out of him. Booth Kesler Schroeder Kesler and Booth need a playmaker and Schroeder fits the bill , I would prefer to see Hansen on the second line , if Torts can teach Kes to use his linmates more effectively , Booth..Kesler ..Hansen would be a solid second line.

It doesn't matter what line number you give him, he'll be secondary scoring the same as when Hodgson was here. Kesler will have the shutdown role and play 20+ minutes whether you call him 2nd or 3rd line. People get too hung up on line numbers instead of looking at players roles.

Burrows/Schroeder/Booth (secondary scoring)

Higgins/Kesler/Hansen (shutdown role)

I would just as soon separate Kesler and Booth. Both are puck hogs. Many like the idea of Burrows with Kesler but Burrows has never been very productive with Kes. Both Higgins and Hansen have played well with Kesler in the past and could be quite productive despite being in the shutdown role. I could see them being a nightmare to play against for opposition top lines. Schroeder is a very good playmaker which would work well with both Burrows and Booth.

Archived