The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Valeri Nichushkin vs Bo Horvat

KellyHrudey

Dallas= Average team

Canucks= Competitive / considered one the top teams in the NHL...

Pretty sure ts easier to make an average team with not much depth than a team that has depth at every position.

He's 50x better than Kassian is. I'm pretty sure he would have made the Canucks...

one player said if he didnt play in the NHL this year he was going back home instead of playing where the organization wanted him too. The other changed his number to honor his teammate and friend who died. One is everything that a team needs to lead them in the playoffs the other is a GREAT one dimensional goal scorer.

I for one am happy the canucks picked a character player with a solid 2way game that not only will excel on the ice but in the community something this city and province prides itself on.

why are people actually hyping Nichushkin now?

1.its pretty much a given taht Nichushkin would make the team even before the preseason started. He had made it pretty clear that it's going to be either NHL or KHL. Dallas had literally no choice but to give him a spot or risk losing him in the KHL

2. His character and connection with the KHL makes him a really difficult player to sign and extend. In a team where a player like Kesler is signed for 5 mil and the Sedins signed for 6 mil each, how much money can you offer to Nichushkin while competing with the bids from Russia?

It has nothing to do with his skill set. We don't trade away schenider for a draft pick and use that pick for a player who could bolt to the KHL anytime when things don't go in his way. You also don't do that when a player like Holvat is available.

1.its pretty much a given taht Nichushkin would make the team even before the preseason started. He had made it pretty clear that it's going to be either NHL or KHL. Dallas had literally no choice but to give him a spot or risk losing him in the KHL

2. His character and connection with the KHL makes him a really difficult player to sign and extend. In a team where a player like Kesler is signed for 5 mil and the Sedins signed for 6 mil each, how much money can you offer to Nichushkin while competing with the bids from Russia?

It has nothing to do with his skill set. We don't trade away schenider for a draft pick and use that pick for a player who could bolt to the KHL anytime when things don't go in his way. You also don't do that when a player like Holvat is available.

Without the KHL, Nishushkin goes 5th overall after Jones.

Without the KHL, Nishushkin goes 5th overall after Jones.

It's not just the KHL. It's his character too. One of the big reason he dropped to the 10th is because he refused to finish the tests in the draft. That combine with the KHL is the big reason why he dropped so much.

but honestly, I don't see him going as that high even if there is no KHL. His skill is there, but it's a bit one dimensional. It's pretty difficult to pass on Monahan over NIschushkin ..

Exactly.... Take the BACK YARD BOY!!!!

Most likely a Malhotra type... I think I'd rather have a top 5 player in the league than a 3rd line center... Nichushkin >>>>>>>>>>>> Horvat

How good is Radulov & Kovalchuk to there NHL teams...lol.... Plus I would take a M.Richards, Bergereron, or even a J.Stoll, Or J.Staal type of player any day come PLAYOFF time..........

Archived