The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Valeri Nichushkin vs Bo Horvat

KellyHrudey

He's actually a very underrated defensive player... his coach said so in Dallas. He's not a center like Malkin is, but I truly believe he has the skill set to become him. Horvat is likely to top out as a 3rd line center, 2nd liner if he's lucky. Nichushkin is ALREADY contributing at the NHL level and that's a lot more than many prospects in the past. Nichushkin will be given 1st/2nd line minutes to better his game. Watch out for the Russian bulldozer on Dallas..

Bo could've been our 3rd line centre VERY easily as well but Management made the RIGHT decision on sending him back so he can FULLY develop into the BEST player FOR YEARS TO COME....Not many 18yr olds play in the NHL, Guess why? Cause they develop better in juniors & play real minutes.......

What happened to Van after Malhotra left? Just out of curiosity, as i recall back to back first round exits. What happened to Nashville after Radulov left? Not a whole lot Nashville still played the same level of hockey, who's more valuable?

Malhotra is a dime a dozen player... Nichushkin is a very special player. You hardly ever see a guy of his size and strength with the hands and knack for scoring he has... He drives to the net hard and does all the little things very well whether it be defensively or not.. The Dallas coach said he was very comfortable putting Nichushkin out in any situation... this is an NHL coach. He is a BULL to say the least. He's a tough SOB to knock off the puck also..

Bo could've been our 3rd line centre VERY easily as well but Management made the RIGHT decision on sending him back so he can FULLY develop into the BEST player FOR YEARS TO COME....Not many 18yr olds play in the NHL, Guess why? Cause they develop better in juniors & play real minutes.......

Certain players develop differently... Nichushkin was playing against men before he was drafted in the KHL. He is a kid in a man's body. He's a freak of nature that would have finally gave this team some grit and effective secondary scoring/youth. He reminds me a lot of Lindros and those are BIG shoes to fill.

Certain players develop differently... Nichushkin was playing against men before he was drafted in the KHL. He is a kid in a man's body. He's a freak of nature that would have finally gave this team some grit and effective secondary scoring/youth. He reminds me a lot of Lindros and those are BIG shoes to fill.

Well, he's got 30 more lbs to put on if he want to be as big as Lindros, but if he continues to race along the boards like he does, he may end up with as many concussions.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the 'Oh well lets wait and see 3 years down the road...' That is such a cope out. No doubt that we lost out on the better player here. 2 way players are literally a dime a dozen. Said before and I'll say it again. In three years Nichuhkin will still be in the NHL and Mike Gillis wont be.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the 'Oh well lets wait and see 3 years down the road...' That is such a cope out. No doubt that we lost out on the better player here. 2 way players are literally a dime a dozen. Said before and I'll say it again. In three years Nichuhkin will still be in the NHL and Mike Gillis wont be.

Exactly.

2way players are a dime a dozen eh?

That's actually the prospect tournament, but he's proved it against nhlers in the preseason too, yes. He drives to the net, creates rebounds for teammates, and is too strong to stop from doing so.

Until he runs into Chara Weber Seabrook Byfuglien etc. Do they have those D in the KHL? He might not be driving so hard towards the net but most likely driving into the ice against those boys & many many more in this league.........

It's not just the KHL. It's his character too. One of the big reason he dropped to the 10th is because he refused to finish the tests in the draft. That combine with the KHL is the big reason why he dropped so much.

but honestly, I don't see him going as that high even if there is no KHL. His skill is there, but it's a bit one dimensional. It's pretty difficult to pass on Monahan over NIschushkin ..

Good points :)

M.Richards, Bergeron, Toews are dime a dozen??? Wow can we get a dozen of them PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Archived